Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Walther Bringback appraisal + possible restoration

My previous boss has an old Walther that I believe belonged to his grandfather, I think he said it was a Model 8. He asked if I knew where he could bring it for an appraisal & some possible restoration work. I know the original finish is important & he isn't looking to get it hydrodipped in kryptek neptune or anything, more than likely just wants to know if it can be fired or what it would take to bring it to that condition. Any recommendations? He is located in Delaware county but willing to travel.

(York County)

Default Re: Walther Bringback appraisal + possible restoration

Quote Originally Posted by itchinesu View Post
    My previous boss has an old Walther that I believe belonged to his grandfather, I think he said it was a Model 8. He asked if I knew where he could bring it for an appraisal & some possible restoration work. I know the original finish is important & he isn't looking to get it hydrodipped in kryptek neptune or anything, more than likely just wants to know if it can be fired or what it would take to bring it to that condition. Any recommendations? He is located in Delaware county but willing to travel.
    Out of my area to suggest one, but definitely say you're right that issue #1 is safety / fireability.

I first learned to shoot with my grandfather's WWII era Luger and old 12 gauge double barrel 'breaking' shotgun. The Luger misfired about 1/3 shots, and dropped the mag every time it DID fire. The shotgun would break open and eject the cartridge right at your face about 50% of the time; the real fun was if you'd shot only one barrel and the LIVE shell would also pop back at you! Both probably should not have been shot. My dad did get the Luger reconditioned, but it still has a bad tendency to drop the mag. I dunno whatever happened to the shotgun, but I'm guessing it was beyond salvage.

I like old cars, old motorcycles and old guns. But with each there can come a time / amount of wear that it's too far gone and needs to be appreciated, not used.
    Last edited by KCJones; January 26th, 2017 at 10:31 AM.
    DGAF

(Northampton County)

Ask them. May have some or fantastic value! :

https://www.legacy-collectibles.com

much appreciated