Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Northampton County)

Default 9mm 124gr subsnoic loads using titegroup?

I stocked up early last year on reloading supplies anticipating a Hillary win, so I have a few thousand 124gr 9mm in stock. I bought my first pistol suppressor a few months ago so now its time to start loading for the spring. Obviously I know my mileage may vary, use a chrony etc etc. But is anyone using titegroup to successfully make subsonic 124's? Or should I just get some 147's and leave the 124s for regular plinking?
    You may find me dead in a ditch one day. But by God, I'll be lying in a pile of brass.

(Armstrong County)

Default Re: 9mm 124gr subsnoic loads using titegroup?

3.2gr of Titegroup is my "go to" for 147gr.
    Ive never tried 124gr. A buddy did with moderate success when supplies were tight, but he dropped spring weight to get function.

Load some diff loads up, grab a chrono, and go shoot.
    HGW, llc ~ Title 1 & NFA sales/manufacturing ~ Transfers - Title 1 $20 - NFA $50

(Berks County)

I use 3.8 grains of titegroup with the 124gr plated extreme 9mm round nose flat base bullets. They stay subsonic in my 5" and less barrels. Fairly accurate if I do my job as well. YMMV with if that load will cycle what you're shooting. Always start high and work down with subsonic loading.

(Bucks County)

Although I've used Titegroup and HP-38 for subsonic loads for 115g plated bullets, I haven't done the same with 124g bullets with these powders. There's no reason you shouldn't be able to develop a subsonic load with published Titegroup data and a chrony.

However, Accurate #5 has worked well for me with 124g Rainier RN. These shoot almost identically (for me) to Xtreme or RMR bullets. There's online data for plated bullets for Accurate powder, so I won't print it here. Suffice it to say a fairly wide band of low to mid-range published data will keep the 124 subsonic with AA5.

(Northampton County)

Excellent, I was more or less looking for a starting point. I'll be shooting out of a 4.4" glock so now I have a place to work from and make sure it cycles with added weight (Vortex MRDS).
    You may find me dead in a ditch one day. But by God, I'll be lying in a pile of brass.

(Northampton County)

Loaded them up from 3.5-3.9 in .1 increments. They all functioned flawlessly and stayed subsonic, however the 3.9's floated in the 1100 fps range which is just barely subsonic at 541' elevation. I'll probably stick to 3.6 or 3.7gr just to be safe and keep it well under 1000 fps. Also it was about 15* outside so that I also took into account when I played around with my numbers.