Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Indiana County)

Default Re: Arex Rex Zero 1 S range report

Quote Originally Posted by DougC View Post
    Those two videos helped push me over the edge to make the purchase. I had some interest in the SIG but just never got around to it. The lower cost of the ReX was a motivator for me as well.
    I was really interested in this gun when you posted it.
    But I'm the opposite now, for the price point I'll keep looking for a police trade Sig.
    I was hoping these would come in in the mid-$400 range, low to mid $600 is a little more than I am willing to go on an untried firearm.

It's a shame to, I really like the look of it and according to your pictures they are shooters for sure.

(Northampton County)

I also had the opportunity to purchase a Sig owned by law enforcement but I hesitate as I know not the amount of ammo thru the tube. If the purchase price of $550. for a SIg 226 plus a new barrel that exceeds the purchase of a Rex zero then a decision has to be made. I made the decision and plopped down 600 for the Zero and purchased 3 extra mags for 25 each. It's in the mail to my FFL guy and I'll post my thoughts once to the range. One thing I can say is the Rex Zero has parts at the master distributor ( FIME) if needed as I wrote to them and inquired prior to a purchase. Next,......hosters and sights if needed by non-OEM availability? It seems another post claims a SIg 2022 hoster is an exact fit. Sights thus far? Again,,, it is claimed SIg sights fit but Arex claims their Rex zero has proprieitary sights ( aka- their own cut dovetail ;-( ) so I'm not sure on sights till I measure on the factory Rex 0. Maybe I should have gotten the SIg 226 but I own a SIg and enjoy buying eastern manufactured pistols ( CZ- Zigana , Makarovs etc). TIme will tell. I will say I am not thrilled about the parts availability of my Zigana K,....aka,....none. The manufacturer and distributor claim they are "catching up. It functions well but parts, parts,...parts. That said ,...SUnday, sunshine in APril so I'm off to the local range for a few hours.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by ammo View Post
    Check out the middle video - Your new toy, vs the Sig.

http://www.k-var.com/shop/REXZERO1S-01.html
    I do have interest in this weapon and did order one. After the fact I have read elsewhere the guy in the middle video is a dealer for the Rex Zero so I'm not sure if the test is unbiased. However,...I did order a REx 0. as I couldn't plunk down the get in for a P226. Is it as good as a SIg? I doubt it but I have $618.00 maxed reasons why I must talk myself into liking the Zero. They have to be real dogs for me to dump them as they are all fun to shoot provided they go bang 99.9% of the time. In the end ,..I carry a Sig but I'm not married to one provided something as reliable comes along, especially at a better price. Looking forward to next week to try out the new pistol.

(Indiana County)

Every police trade I've seen is like new internally.
    Most cops might shoot 50 rnds a year during qualification and that's it.

Police trades are the best value out there if some finish wear doesn't bother you.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by safe2carry View Post
    I do have interest in this weapon and did order one. After the fact I have read elsewhere the guy in the middle video is a dealer for the Rex Zero so I'm not sure if the test is unbiased. However,...I did order a REx 0. as I couldn't plunk down the get in for a P226. Is it as good as a SIg? I doubt it but I have $618.00 maxed reasons why I must talk myself into liking the Zero. They have to be real dogs for me to dump them as they are all fun to shoot provided they go bang 99.9% of the time. In the end ,..I carry a Sig but I'm not married to one provided something as reliable comes along, especially at a better price. Looking forward to next week to try out the new pistol.
    While he is currently a dealer for the Rex, as I understand it, he was not at the time the videos were made.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by TooBigToFit View Post
    For the combo slide release/decocker, do you find yourself decocking the gun by accident when releasing the slide? I know on the HK USP Variant 1, people sometimes find themselves decocking the gun accidentally when trying to take the gun off safe (USP V1 = safety and decock in one lever. Push down to disengage safety, further down to decock).
    April 2017,....I just got a Rex Zero and when releasing the slide/ decocker combi- button, tension must be taken off to further facilitate depression in order to decock. So answer "no I don't think it an issue." I tested this quite a few times and once the slide is released I continued to depress( rather hard) and the decock mode would not engage.

Obviously it works correctly as designed so an unintended deocock doesn't occur.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12