Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Arex Rex Zero 1 S range report

I took my Rex Zero 1 S out to the range for the first time this past Sunday. The weather was cold, damp and dreary but the way this pistol shot warned me right up! The shot through the heart of the X is the result of my VERY FIRST pull of the trigger! I almost called it a day after that. The other pic is the end result of the first two 17 round mags. I did flinch a bit in anticipation of the recoil on that one round that ended up outside of the black. All shots on paper were from 7yds. The rest of the box of ammo was used up dinging hanging steel plates.
    The grips aren't the prettiest (and to be honest here they do feel kinda cheap) but they get the job done and done well.... for me at least. Hogue does make some really nice G10 grips for the Rex.... I'm not sure if I'll go that route or not. Otherwise the fit and finish is top notch.
    The SA trigger felt good and was to my liking. I did not fire any shots in DA so I have no feedback on it.
    The pistol fit my hand well and, much like my CZ's, pointed very naturally.
    I'm looking forward to getting back to the range with her to do some more shooting.
    Almost forgot to mention that I was using 115gr RN Freedom Munitions ammo today.

Last edited by DougC; January 25th, 2017 at 08:22 PM.

Default Re: Arex Rex Zero 1 S range report

My money is on this guy!

Nice first shot, man.

Looks like an interesting little Sig copy. I'll have to read up on them. Thanks for sharing.

(Bucks County)

Nice looking gun, do you mind letting us know what you paid for it.

Check out the middle video - Your new toy, vs the Sig.

http://www.k-var.com/shop/REXZERO1S-01.html

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by wellcraft View Post
    Nice looking gun, do you mind letting us know what you paid for it.
    Bud's has them for $612 with the cash option. I wasn't feeling like waiting so I opted for credit and paid a bit more.... $630 and it shipped for free.
    Last edited by DougC; January 26th, 2017 at 12:54 AM.

(York County)

I took the ReX back to the range yesterday for some additional trigger time. Once again I was very happy but I do need to work on not anticipating the recoil so I quit pushing shots out of the black. This is shot from 7yds again and is 70 rounds on target. I did do some DA shooting this time.... that DA pull is HEAVY for sure! The DA pull is the only thing about this gun I don't like. Perhaps it will lighten up a bit with use.

Last edited by DougC; February 6th, 2017 at 04:01 PM.

After seeing the video the MAC did on them and the video of their facility I was hoping a shop in my area would have one. I was never really interested in the Sig version (though I am a .357sig fan) but the lower price, performance and attention they put into making them has my interest.

(Allegheny County)

For the combo slide release/decocker, do you find yourself decocking the gun by accident when releasing the slide? I know on the HK USP Variant 1, people sometimes find themselves decocking the gun accidentally when trying to take the gun off safe (USP V1 = safety and decock in one lever. Push down to disengage safety, further down to decock).

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by TooBigToFit View Post
    For the combo slide release/decocker, do you find yourself decocking the gun by accident when releasing the slide? I know on the HK USP Variant 1, people sometimes find themselves decocking the gun accidentally when trying to take the gun off safe (USP V1 = safety and decock in one lever. Push down to disengage safety, further down to decock).
    I've not had an issue with that at all. Not saying that it can't happen but so far, so good!

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    After seeing the video the MAC did on them and the video of their facility I was hoping a shop in my area would have one. I was never really interested in the Sig version (though I am a .357sig fan) but the lower price, performance and attention they put into making them has my interest.
    Those two videos helped push me over the edge to make the purchase. I had some interest in the SIG but just never got around to it. The lower cost of the ReX was a motivator for me as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast