Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default S&W Bodyguard .380 magazine comes loose while shooting

I've had the Bodyguard for about 6 months now and put about 500 rounds through it with no problems yet, and so far I really like it as a pocket gun, but I was at the range the other day shooting it, and all of a sudden 2 rounds into the magazine I get *click* nothing...having heard that the bodyguards are prone to light strikes I pulled the trigger again, nothing. At this point I look down and notice the mag has slipped out probably a 1/4" from the well and therefore didn't load the next round. Thinking to myself I must have pressed the mag release by accident with my support hand, I loaded back up and continued. Next mag, same thing 3 rounds in, doesn't fire, and mag slipped out again, this time I'm sure I didn't press the release by accident. I inspected the mag now, and the inside of the mag well and release button and everything seems normal/nothing looked broken. When I initially insert the mag I get a nice strong click and I can not pull the mag out, so something about firing it is apparently letting the mag go. It did this with both mags the rest of the day.

Has anyone had or heard of a similar problem with the Bodyguard and what the fix might be?

(Bucks County)

Default Re: S&W Bodyguard .380 magazine comes loose while shooting

You are far from alone:

https://www.bing.com/search?q=s%26W+...9263abfde1d6ba

Or do a search: S&W Bodyguard magazine drops out.