Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default does northampton sherrif still issue non resident carry permits?

does anyone know if they will issue a nonresident permit in northampton? if not, where is the closest to it? thanks

Default Re: does northampton sherrif still issue non resident carry permits?

Quote Originally Posted by Notwade View Post
    does anyone know if they will issue a nonresident permit in northampton? if not, where is the closest to it? thanks
    **Update. I just called the Sheriff's office and I was told that they will not issue out of state carry permits. I also asked if there was any exception for someone in law enforcement and they said no. Does anyone know what their deal is?

(Northampton County)

Go to Berks county sub station at the Reading airport. It's about 35 miles from Bethlehem Pa and they issue while you wait. Just fill out the application and bring it with you with your Ct ltcf. Print the application out from their web site.

(Montgomery County)

If you are Leo, why not leosa?

Quote Originally Posted by akapjr View Post
    Go to Berks county sub station at the Reading airport. It's about 35 miles from Bethlehem Pa and they issue while you wait. Just fill out the application and bring it with you with your Ct ltcf. Print the application out from their web site.
    Thank you! I'll do it there.

Quote Originally Posted by Notwade View Post
    Thank you! I'll do it there.

Hey, how are you? I am also non-resident and wanted to know which counties are good for CCW. Did you already go to Berks county and got the license? Also I wanted to ask you what does the license look like? I've heard some counties give you the laminated license like the drivers license looks and some counties give you a piece of paper and it doesn't even have your picture on it.

Sorry but you must go to a Sheriff's Office in person to apply and get your picture and signature captured digitally. The paper formed non-photo LTCF is a relic of the past now. All 67 sheriffs must now issue the same cheaply printed and laminated card stock licenses which are pretty shitty if you ask me, but what do you expect from contracted state approved vendors.