Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Lcp2 or lcp custom??

Look at them both in the shop if you can. I choose the custom. The trigger is still decent(better than gen1), the sights are better than the LCPII and it is thinner than the LCPII.

(Washington County)

I love my LCP2. Go dry fire it at a store. The trigger is what did it for me.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Indiana County)

A plumber who is going to pocket carry, banging around the little pistol all day?
    Save some cash, buy the original on the cheap.
    Do you really need the "improved" sights and last round slide lock, etc... when a thug is trying to steal your wallet while you're in your van getting a 1/2" elbow and a tin of flux?

Why get something that has more snag points for pocket carry.

(Lancaster County)

If you want the Custom, get it now. I believe Ruger has stopped making it.

I own a regular LCP, and I bought the LCP II at my first opportunity. The original is a great pocket gun. The II is better.

I love my Custom, I recommend it. Great sights, trigger, low recoil after a spring swap.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Philadelphia County)

I believe tanners has the lcp1 for 209 and custom for 225. Also to carrying in the pocket while being a plumper... Yes if you know anything about philly... Jobs in north and west philly Ill take my chances pocket carrying over not anyday. My friend has both custom and lcp2 and says hes torn on which one is better with both having alot of pros and cons to each one. I think im going to get the custom because of the slimmer body, better sights.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by s campbell View Post
    I believe tanners has the lcp1 for 209 and custom for 225. Also to carrying in the pocket while being a plumper... Yes if you know anything about philly... Jobs in north and west philly Ill take my chances pocket carrying over not anyday. My friend has both custom and lcp2 and says hes torn on which one is better with both having alot of pros and cons to each one. I think im going to get the custom because of the slimmer body, better sights.
    I think the comment about being a plumber and pocket carrying was more about the abuse the gun will take. at least that was how I understood it.

BTW is it one of the bigger plumbing outfits from Philly? I know a lot of the guys with the larger companies through my job. More than a few of them carry at least sometimes. Not so much in my building though.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Allegheny County)

I really need to get my hands on a II to try it out. I was almost ready to get a custom right when the II came out. I really waned something with a bit better sights after I changed my mind about lasers as a sighting system.

Ill keep my Gen1 as a backup/truck/tackle-box gun. But I'll sell the laser.
    "No, it's just a machine. I'm the weapon." - Jack Harper in Oblivion

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by mpan72 View Post
    I think the comment about being a plumber and pocket carrying was more about the abuse the gun will take. at least that was how I understood it.

BTW is it one of the bigger plumbing outfits from Philly? I know a lot of the guys with the larger companies through my job. More than a few of them carry at least sometimes. Not so much in my building though.
    That's exactly what I was implying, abuse.

I drive a truck and I know how mine gets beat.
    Lying under sinks, crawling around in basements and dangling upside down all the time would wreck a gun imo.
    That's why I'd go cheap and proven with the original.
    Those "better" sights might not be better after they dig into you a few times, depending on the holster and the OPs build of course.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead View Post
    That's exactly what I was implying, abuse.

I drive a truck and I know how mine gets beat.
    Lying under sinks, crawling around in basements and dangling upside down all the time would wreck a gun imo.
    That's why I'd go cheap and proven with the original.
    Those "better" sights might not be better after they dig into you a few times, depending on the holster and the OPs build of course.
    I love my original for what it is. In my opinion the custom and ll do not offer enough for me to upgrade. But then it should be understood that I personally do not need this gun to be more than just a "belly" gun. If I can I carry a full sized auto and only carry the lcp when I need to not be noticed carrying a gun.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast