Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default PA Counties that issue CCW permits?

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself and ask a quick question. I've been stationed in California for the past few years and will be leaving for Pennsylvania shortly to complete my medical training. From there, I'm probably off to the sand box, or wherever Uncle Sam needs me. I can't #%$#$# wait to get out of Kalifornia, and just about jizzed my pants when I found out that Pennsylvania issues concealed weapons permits. One of the first things I'm going to do (besides flipping Kalifornia off in the rearview mirror) is apply for a permit.

Having said that, I don't want to screw myself by buying a house in a county that does not issue permits. Are there specific counties that I should look into living that allow permits, or do they all do so? My training will either be in Philadelphia or Bethlehem...not sure which yet, until March. I'll probably commute in, so I'm somewhat flexible about the location

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time.

Respectfully,

Canter

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Concealed Carry Counties?

Canter5503,
    Welcome! (and see my sig line below!)

PA is a "shall issue" state, so unless you have something in your background that prohibits you from obtaining it, the permit should not be a problem.

Philly seems to be the only "problem" area when it comes to our rights.
    There are many here that can (and WILL) help you with info specific to that area.

Good luck with your move!
    (and give Kalifornia the bird for me too! )
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: PA Counties that issue CCW permits?

All the counties MUST issue you a permit as long as you can legally have one. Philly, likes to make things difficult, so if you want to avoid one area, it would be Philly.

Great! thanks!

(Philadelphia County)

This has been pretty much answered but I would like to add a plug for our new County-by-County information database, pretty much everything you need to know about getting a permit is in there for each county.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Delaware County)

Smile Re: PA Counties that issue CCW permits?

Canter5503 I would like to welcome you to PA and if you need any further help or questions please let us know.
    Also if you need info on places to see and go when in PA again give us a shout out!

Poultney, VT(school) Norristown, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Canter5503 View Post
    Hello everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself and ask a quick question. I've been stationed in California for the past few years and will be leaving for Pennsylvania shortly to complete my medical training. From there, I'm probably off to the sand box, or wherever Uncle Sam needs me. I can't #%$#$# wait to get out of Kalifornia, and just about jizzed my pants when I found out that Pennsylvania issues concealed weapons permits. One of the first things I'm going to do (besides flipping Kalifornia off in the rearview mirror) is apply for a permit.

Having said that, I don't want to screw myself by buying a house in a county that does not issue permits. Are there specific counties that I should look into living that allow permits, or do they all do so? My training will either be in Philadelphia or Bethlehem...not sure which yet, until March. I'll probably commute in, so I'm somewhat flexible about the location

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time.

Respectfully,

Canter
    THANK YOU!

that being said. everything was pretty much answered but can you flip that state off for me too?

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone . . . I have a feeling I'll really like Pennsylvania. Looking forward to the move, and to checking out the gun clubs. Good to know that there are some states out there that still believe that the best form of protection is to empower the individual citizen, rather than just the governments.

Regards,

Canter

(Perry County)

Welcome Canter! Yes, coming from the People's Republic of Kalifornia, you will really like Pennsylvania. We like to stand up for our Constitutional and God-given rights here.

Make sure to tell Ahnold..."I won't be back".

Dave G.

(Northampton County)

Canter....I'll be in Nevada next week...I'll be sure to "shoot a moon" over the Kali border.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast