Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Pa. residents won't be able to get gun permits/LTCF for at least 2 days next week

http://triblive.com/local/westmorela...s-for-at-least

A statewide upgrade to the system that monitors license-to-carry firearms permits means county sheriffs will not be able to issue permits for at least two days next week.

State police plan to start the upgrade at 5 p.m. May 31 and work through June 4. The new system is expected to be operational by June 5.

“(We) will not be able to process applications for licenses to carry concealed firearms during that time period,” Westmoreland County Sheriff Jonathan Held said.

The work will not impact the Pennsylvania Instant Check System (PICS), which is the background check system used when people purchase firearms, said Ryan Tarkowski, a state police spokesman.

Data will be transferred from a desktop-based program to a web-based model for the new license-to-carry system. State police will test the system over the four-day period.

People 21 years or older who carry a concealed firearm on them or have one in their vehicle are required to obtain a license-to-carry permit. County sheriffs have 45 days to conduct an investigation of applicants to determine eligibility.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Chester County)

Default Re: Pa. residents won't be able to get gun permits/LTCF for at least 2 days next week

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    http://triblive.com/local/westmorela...s-for-at-least

A statewide upgrade to the system that monitors license-to-carry firearms permits means county sheriffs will not be able to issue permits for at least two days next week.

State police plan to start the upgrade at 5 p.m. May 31 and work through June 4. The new system is expected to be operational by June 5.

“(We) will not be able to process applications for licenses to carry concealed firearms during that time period,” Westmoreland County Sheriff Jonathan Held said.

The work will not impact the Pennsylvania Instant Check System (PICS), which is the background check system used when people purchase firearms, said Ryan Tarkowski, a state police spokesman.

Data will be transferred from a desktop-based program to a web-based model for the new license-to-carry system. State police will test the system over the four-day period.

People 21 years or older who carry a concealed firearm on them or have one in their vehicle are required to obtain a license-to-carry permit. County sheriffs have 45 days to conduct an investigation of applicants to determine eligibility.
    May 31 to June 5 looks like a little more than 2 days to me, but I don't have a license to do math.
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!

(Erie County)

Default Re: Pa. residents won't be able to get gun permits/LTCF for at least 2 days next week

It's the new math.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gripsafety View Post
    May 31 to June 5 looks like a little more than 2 days to me, but I don't have a license to do math.
    May 31 doesn't count...it's after hours. June 4 and 5 are Sat and Sun...no sheriffs are open for LTCF apps so they don't count. Leaves only June 1 and 2.
    Last edited by mrjam2jab; May 25th, 2017 at 10:48 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

^Nicely done.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    May 31 doesn't count...it's after hours. June 4 and 5 are Sat and Sun...no sheriffs are open for LTCF apps so they don't count. Leaves only June 1 and 2.
    Oops - that's what happens when I cipher without a license.
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    Is there no Jun 3rd this year? My cousin will be very upset he can't celebrate his birthday...

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    Is there no Jun 3rd this year? My cousin will be very upset he can't celebrate his birthday...

June 3 and 4 are Sat and Sun.

It's all for your safety

Constitutional Carry!