Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: 2nd amendment really?

Quote Originally Posted by cjcullom View Post
    Is there more info for those that have never attended? Where is there parking? Where is breakfast and what time? Should we not carry as to not offend(JK)..maybe there is some advice anyway? Who do we wish to talk to? This would be a first, if I can make it, and it would be great to have some insights, thanks guys.

R
    There is more information here: http://pa2arally.org/

I usually park in the South St Garage, which is a short walk from the Capitol. See the map on the rally website by clicking on "Getting There". There may be less expensive places to park farther away.

Breakfast is an informal gathering of members of this forum and friends. It is at Cracker Barrel where I-83 and I-81 meet. I think most will be there at 7:30; watch the forum as someone will usually try to get an approximate head count a few days before the rally. Carrying at breakfast is not a problem. You can't carry in the Capitol building, but you can check you firearm with no trouble at all. There is a link to the simple form on the rally website. It helps if you fill it out in advance, so the line is not held up by people filling out forms.

There will first be some speakers in the rotunda, and then we form into teams and start visiting representatives. I usually let the FOAC assign me to a team. The FOAC guy will do most of the talking, and you are there as support. If my reps are not on my team's list, I visit them after the team has visited all of its assigned reps. By that time you will have learned enough to be able to do it yourself. If your rep is in his office when you visit, he will take a few minutes to hear what you have to say. Constituents are not blown off.

Please come out if you can. It is a great experience with a really great bunch of people.
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: 2nd amendment really?

Many thanks!

R

Quote Originally Posted by Gripsafety View Post
    There is more information here: http://pa2arally.org/

I usually park in the South St Garage, which is a short walk from the Capitol. See the map on the rally website by clicking on "Getting There". There may be less expensive places to park farther away.

Breakfast is an informal gathering of members of this forum and friends. It is at Cracker Barrel where I-83 and I-81 meet. I think most will be there at 7:30; watch the forum as someone will usually try to get an approximate head count a few days before the rally. Carrying at breakfast is not a problem. You can't carry in the Capitol building, but you can check you firearm with no trouble at all. There is a link to the simple form on the rally website. It helps if you fill it out in advance, so the line is not held up by people filling out forms.

There will first be some speakers in the rotunda, and then we form into teams and start visiting representatives. I usually let the FOAC assign me to a team. The FOAC guy will do most of the talking, and you are there as support. If my reps are not on my team's list, I visit them after the team has visited all of its assigned reps. By that time you will have learned enough to be able to do it yourself. If your rep is in his office when you visit, he will take a few minutes to hear what you have to say. Constituents are not blown off.

Please come out if you can. It is a great experience with a really great bunch of people.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: 2017 2nd amendment rally?

I don't know if anybody already did it but I need to go back and check the logistics for the breakfast time. It seems this thing keeps getting later.

Puerto Ricans are to meet at the Connecticut Cracker Barrel at 0900. You know who you are
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

(Northampton County)

Here is the gist of breakfast.

http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=282062

I think 0730 will work this year. Of course, you can do whatever you want. We will take shifts watching the parking lot for hubcap thieves

Things looking good for outage, so I'm GTG as of now, breakfast too.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    I don't know if anybody already did it but I need to go back and check the logistics for the breakfast time. It seems this thing keeps getting later.

Puerto Ricans are to meet at the Connecticut Cracker Barrel at 0900. You know who you are
    I don't remember. If it's 7:00, that's when it is. Having time to eat, relax a little and socialize is great. I would get up and be there at 6:00 or even 5, because you are some funny MFers.
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!

(Northampton County)

You can do what you want. The event is later now, 1030. It's a short drive, perhaps a half hour to drive, park, and show up. I think 0730 for breakfast gets us there quite early, probably 0930-1000.

A headcount is helpful.

(Northampton County)

Everybody go here and sign up for a breakfast headcount:

http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=282062

Post how many people you are bringing.

I will call them. It sounds like we are going to need half a room, which is not unusual. But if we just show up and something is happening in town and people are sprinkled everywhere it will kinda suck. I need to have them keep an area clear for us.

(Montgomery County)

I'm interested in attending this event, as long as it all works out logistically with the wife.

Couple questions though -

1. Is it a rally where we stand around with signs, then go in and speak with all the reps?

2. Would it be frowned upon to OC a rifle? Obviously not gonna check it when going in to the state house, I would put it back in my truck. Just curios and would like to know beforehand.

3. What's the average time frame?

Thanks!

(Northampton County)

Yes.

You can leave whenever you want.

It will be half fun and half work. Sign up in the breakfast thread if you plan to come to breakfast because we are trying to put together a headcount.
    Last edited by ungawa; May 13th, 2017 at 01:04 PM.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast