Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Default Re: New Hampshire Non Resident

So Pa. honors both resident and non- resident NH Licenses without distinction to date....?
    Last edited by xXxplosive; December 18th, 2017 at 02:27 PM.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    So Pa. honors both resident and non- resident NH Licenses without distinction to date....?
    Yes, so long as you aren't a PA resident.

Former AG Kane didn't rewrite NH or TX's agreements. So PA still honors Res. and Non-Res. alike for both states. (except PA residents still have to have a PA LTCF)
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Just wondering because the first paragraph does say New Hampshire / Residents of...

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    Just wondering because the first paragraph does say New Hampshire / Residents of...
    That is a prefatory statement.

The controlling text of the agreement is laid out under the numbers.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Received my permit in 2 weeks.......Great service.
    Last edited by xXxplosive; January 5th, 2018 at 09:39 AM.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by tl_3237 View Post
    The currently listed NH agreement shown on the Pa AG website is still 10/2004: https://www.attorneygeneral.gov/uplo..._Agreement.pdf

Your concern regarding your transport possession while within NJ is well founded. Unless you have an NJCCW or meet one of the exceptions of NJSA 2C:39-6 (burden of production on you) , you are looking at a possible conviction for a 2nd degree crime which would, in addition to the potential 5-10 year +$150k sentence, be a lifetime prohibition from possessing firearms or ammo per Federal law.

You might also check out: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=140698
    If you can legally carry in PA, the transport from NJ to PA is covered under FOPA.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Twospot View Post
    If you can legally carry in PA, the transport from NJ to PA is covered under FOPA.
    Pretty sure it does not.

You will get caught up in the net of NJ exempted places only.
    Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

(Delaware County)

This has been discussed ad nauseum in other threads. I believe it is even a sticky.

My understanding is:

If you are legal "to possess and carry" in your starting place (NJ in your example), and you are legal "to possess and carry" in your ending place (PA in your example), you may transit the in-between states using FOPA as an affirmative *defense*.

Your example, however, has no in-between states.

Let's not even discuss the judge who slept on the couch last night demanding to see the license that lets you "carry" in NJ, thereby making you eligible for FOPA...

Check the stickies.

(Jefferson County)

FOPA does not.

FOPA protects you in the intermediate states. However you must first be legal in the beginning and end states to be covered under FOPA.

Since merely transporting a firearm outside of NJ's exempted reasons isn't legal in NJ, you would not be legal. And since there is no middle state, FOPA wouldn't cover you.

The only way to transport from NJ to PA is if you are going to one of NJ's exempted locations(shooting range, gunsmith, etc), but that location just so happens to be located in PA.

You absolutely CANNOT just transport the firearm to PA to carry under reciprocity of another license(or even a PA license). Your transit to PA would be illegal while in NJ. You would have to drive immediately to a shooting range or gunsmith in PA to gain NJ protections, then leave the range/smith and go abouts your business in PA. Then return to that range/smith, then proceed home to NJ.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    FOPA does not.

FOPA protects you in the intermediate states. However you must first be legal in the beginning and end states to be covered under FOPA.

Since merely transporting a firearm outside of NJ's exempted reasons isn't legal in NJ, you would not be legal. And since there is no middle state, FOPA wouldn't cover you.

The only way to transport from NJ to PA is if you are going to one of NJ's exempted locations(shooting range, gunsmith, etc), but that location just so happens to be located in PA.

You absolutely CANNOT just transport the firearm to PA to carry under reciprocity of another license(or even a PA license). Your transit to PA would be illegal while in NJ. You would have to drive immediately to a shooting range or gunsmith in PA to gain NJ protections, then leave the range/smith and go abouts your business in PA. Then return to that range/smith, then proceed home to NJ.
    Your logic makes perfect sense based on the communist states laws. I did ask someone who is very close with a 2A lawyer extremely well versed in NJ 2A law. I guess maybe I got wrong info and pissed away $100 on the non-res NH permit. I’m moving to PA this year once my lease is up anyway. I would have preferred to set aside that hundred towards a Glock 43 or Sig P365.
    Eddie

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast