Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Wayne County)

Default Re: New Hampshire Non Resident

Quote Originally Posted by HXD View Post
    ...I emailed the Pa Attorney General's office in October for clarification. They confirmed that a NH nonresident permit is honored in Pennsylvania. It does not work the other way around though. You must be a resident of Pa to carry in NH on a Pa permit.
    This^. A friend of mine who is a NJ resident who has UT and NH nonresident permits contacted the PA AG's office and got the same response that all NH carry permits, both resident and nonresident, are honored in PA. This same friend made the mistake of calling PSP first, and a know-it-all trooper in the firearms division incorrectly informed him that PA doesn't honor any nonresident carry permits and that things have "tightened up." I urged him to contact the PA AG's office because it's the AG who actually handles the agreements.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by daschnoz View Post
    I'm not trying to piss in your Cheeros, and I'm happy that you got a positive (at least for us) answer. I have a friend in NJ who is in the same boat and he is thrilled that he can carry in PA again.

BUT

I wish people would stop directing questions like this to the very offices, agencies, and legislative bodies that have the power to "do something about the problem". Do a Google search about the legality of shouldering an AR pistol with a Sig Arm Brace and you will understand where I'm coming from.
    Yeah really. Especially when I gave the correct info to begin with.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

When I'm in Pennsylvania, I'm just carry my Glock 43 with NH carry permit and a copy of the letter from the Office Of Attorney General. Best of luck everyone to whatever decisions and journey you take and be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluto Blutarsky View Post
    This^. A friend of mine who is a NJ resident who has UT and NH nonresident permits contacted the PA AG's office and got the same response that all NH carry permits, both resident and nonresident, are honored in PA. This same friend made the mistake of calling PSP first, and a know-it-all trooper in the firearms division incorrectly informed him that PA doesn't honor any nonresident carry permits and that things have "tightened up." I urged him to contact the PA AG's office because it's the AG who actually handles the agreements.
    That's always been a problem with people. I went to my friend who is a police office and they said..... You need to contact the AG office, an attorney, or search the law yourself. A police officer is not qualified to practice law. A lawyer goes to 4 years of undergrad, 3 years FT of law school, and then has to pass the appropriate Bar for the jurisdictions that they practice. And then to maintain the license has to keep up with Continuing Legal Education.

(Lancaster County)

I was guilty of asking the AG as well, could not find a concrete answer anywhere online that made me feel warm and fuzzy.

I just need to get a smaller carry piece now and actually carry when I am in PA.
    Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

My only 2 concerns are: The date of the PDF agreement linked to looks like 2004, I'd like to hear if this is still valid and not overridden by the current AG. The other is the actual transport of the firearm into and out of NJ since I am not technically going between my home and the range; unless I can come up with a good story about going to a range in PA or family/friends property to shoot.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by ablemob View Post
    My only 2 concerns are: The date of the PDF agreement linked to looks like 2004, I'd like to hear if this is still valid and not overridden by the current AG. The other is the actual transport of the firearm into and out of NJ since I am not technically going between my home and the range; unless I can come up with a good story about going to a range in PA or family/friends property to shoot.
    The currently listed NH agreement shown on the Pa AG website is still 10/2004: https://www.attorneygeneral.gov/uplo..._Agreement.pdf

Your concern regarding your transport possession while within NJ is well founded. Unless you have an NJCCW or meet one of the exceptions of NJSA 2C:39-6 (burden of production on you) , you are looking at a possible conviction for a 2nd degree crime which would, in addition to the potential 5-10 year +$150k sentence, be a lifetime prohibition from possessing firearms or ammo per Federal law.

You might also check out: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=140698
    IANAL

Quote Originally Posted by will609 View Post
    Update. I live in New Jersey and I applied for my New Hampshire non resident concealed carry permit. Application went out 7/1/17 and got the permit on 7/13/17. That's fast and I can finally carry in Pennsylvania since my Florida and Utah non resident concealed carry permits are no good there. ��
    So did you have to supply a letter of reference signed from your local PD along with the NH Non-Res.application....

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    So did you have to supply a letter of reference signed from your local PD along with the NH Non-Res.application....
    When I got mine, no reference letter needed
    Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

No reference letter needed. They just ask for three names as character references along with their addresses and telephone numbers to be put on file. God Bless New Hampshire!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast