Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Jefferson County)

Default Re: New Hampshire Non Resident

Quote Originally Posted by daschnoz View Post
    A friend of mine who still lives in PRNJ brought this to my attention yesterday.

Link to the reciprocity agreement below:
    https://www.attorneygeneral.gov/uplo..._Agreement.pdf

I guess the bitch missed one.
    She missed two. NH and TX.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    She missed two. NH and TX.
    NH was off limits to new applications by Jersey residents at the conclusion of her rampage. That has changed. Texas is far away and requires training on Texas soil.

She continued to change these arrangements to 'no non-res honored' after the court ruling that made it illegal for PA residents to carry on out of state permits. Which makes no sense. Unless you consider that her goal was to keep people from another state from carrying here. Can't be NY, they can get a PA license. Can't be Ohio. Who can it be? I read on Calguns a few years ago that she is close friends with the Jersey AG and/or State Police commissioner (which have changed) and that they were fuming that Jersey residents were carrying guns in PA and coordinated with her about it. I cannot confirm it but it fits the evidence. Season with Bloomberg and serve.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

Update, just received my NH Non Resident permit. Application went out on 2/17/17 and permit was in my hands on 3/20/17. Very fast and easy to apply. I'm now good in PA.

(Bucks County)

Does the NH Non Resident permit have any value for a PA resident? i.e. Instead of using it for conceal carry, using it as added legal protection when traveling to/from a range (with guns locked in the trunk) or otherwise having a gun in the trunk?

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by IamOzzy View Post
    Does the NH Non Resident permit have any value for a PA resident? i.e. Instead of using it for conceal carry, using it as added legal protection when traveling to/from a range (with guns locked in the trunk) or otherwise having a gun in the trunk?
    Not for a PA resident. PA residents are required to have a PA LTCF.

PA already exempts transporting directly to/from a range when the firearm is unloaded and securely wrapped. It exempts a few other destinations too.

Any other destination requires a LTCF regardless as to whether the firearm is unloaded/loaded, securely wrapped or not, or even in the trunk. PA treats mere transporting of "firearms"(handguns, SBS's, SBR's) just the same as carrying concealed.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Just to clarify I am a Jersey resident and frequent Philadelphia and other parts of PA. They stopped recognizing My Utah so I was left with no other choice but Texas or NH. If you live in PA you should feel blessed compared to NJ. Pa affords you many 2nd amendment rights that New Jersey violates.

Update. I live in New Jersey and I applied for my New Hampshire non resident concealed carry permit. Application went out 7/1/17 and got the permit on 7/13/17. That's fast and I can finally carry in Pennsylvania since my Florida and Utah non resident concealed carry permits are no good there. 😊

A reply email from the Office Of Attorney General In Pennsylvania:

July 20, 2017

Office of Attorney General
    15th Floor, Strawberry Square
    Harrisburg, PA 17120
    (717) 783-1111

Dear Sir/Madam:

Your email to the Attorney General has been referred to this office for reply.

This response is made for informational purposes only, and nothing contained herein should
    be considered legal advice and may not be used for, or construed as such. To the extent you
    need personal legal advice, you should consult a private attorney of your own choosing and at
    your own cost. Neither the sender, nor the Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General, shall be
    held liable for any adverse action taken as a result of this communication.

The written reciprocity agreement between Pennsylvania and New Hampshire is silent as to residency. Therefore, all valid licenses from New Hampshire are currently recognized.

Sincerely yours,

Sharon K. Rogers
    Deputy Attorney General
    Legal Review Section

mind scanning that document in and pasting the PDF here?

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by will609 View Post
    A reply email from the Office Of Attorney General In Pennsylvania:

July 20, 2017

Office of Attorney General
    15th Floor, Strawberry Square
    Harrisburg, PA 17120
    (717) 783-1111

Dear Sir/Madam:

Your email to the Attorney General has been referred to this office for reply.

This response is made for informational purposes only, and nothing contained herein should
    be considered legal advice and may not be used for, or construed as such. To the extent you
    need personal legal advice, you should consult a private attorney of your own choosing and at
    your own cost. Neither the sender, nor the Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General, shall be
    held liable for any adverse action taken as a result of this communication.

The written reciprocity agreement between Pennsylvania and New Hampshire is silent as to residency. Therefore, all valid licenses from New Hampshire are currently recognized.

Sincerely yours,

Sharon K. Rogers
    Deputy Attorney General
    Legal Review Section

I'm not trying to piss in your Cheeros, and I'm happy that you got a positive (at least for us) answer. I have a friend in NJ who is in the same boat and he is thrilled that he can carry in PA again.

BUT

I wish people would stop directing questions like this to the very offices, agencies, and legislative bodies that have the power to "do something about the problem". Do a Google search about the legality of shouldering an AR pistol with a Sig Arm Brace and you will understand where I'm coming from.
    Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast