So I've been looking for a pistol that is reliable, cheap to shoot (9 or 40) and won't break the bank. I've looked at the M&P , the SCCY, the ubiquitous Glock and the TP9v2 or SFx. A lot of non Glock fan boys & girls have said that the trigger is not great unless you upgrade it, the M&P isn't horrible but I've heard of reliability issues and the SCCY CPX is double action only.

Any reason not to go with a Canik/Century Arms TP9? I've seen it tortured and run with crap ammo and it's like a swiss watch, it just keeps on ticking. From Canik's website, they're ISO 9001/9000 certified and they're NATO tested or something along those lines, their barrels are made for the long haul. They'll never make it in the police market here but they are a military/LE contractor in Turkey so they must be doing something right. One or two of the variations have Warren Tactical sites so it should be easy to get different sites for it if needed & their sfx is MRDS ready but it's more of a competition gun not a carry piece. I know it's a "off brand" and there probably won't be a lot of people out there who have one so feedback might be limited but I'm trying.