Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Susquehanna County)

Default Offered in the Senate SB 21

One we all can support!

Regular Session 2017-2018
    Senate Bill 81

Short Title: An Act protecting from infringement the individual right of the citizens of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania to bear arms as provided in section 21 of Article I of the Constitution of Pennsylvania.

Prime Sponsor: Senator EICHELBERGER

Last Action: Referred to JUDICIARY, Jan. 13, 2017 [Senate
    Full text at http://www.legis.state.pa.us/CFDOCS/...r=0081&pn=0060

BTW I hope I'm not the only one following these bills!

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Offered in the Senate SB 21

I was going to post this, glad I checked here first, your title is wrong, the bill number is 81, not 21.

THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF PENNSYLVANIASENATE BILLNo. 81 Session of2017

INTRODUCED BY EICHELBERGER, BROOKS, VOGEL, RESCHENTHALER,VULAKOVICH, SCAVELLO, WARD, STEFANO, WAGNER, SCARNATI,GORDNER, HUTCHINSON, LANGERHOLC, FOLMER, WHITE AND AUMENT,JANUARY 13, 2017

REFERRED TO JUDICIARY, JANUARY 13, 2017

AN ACTProtecting from infringement the individual right of thecitizens of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania to bear arms asprovided in section 21 of Article I of the Constitution ofPennsylvania.

The General Assembly of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvaniahereby enacts as follows:

Section 1. Findings.

The General Assembly finds and declares that:

(1) The Constitution of Pennsylvania, and its protectionof the right to bear arms, predates the Constitution of theUnited States.
    (2) It is an established canon of judicial constructionthat a state constitution may not offer less protection ofindividual rights than the Constitution of the United States,but it can afford more protections.
    (3) Section 21 of Article I of the Constitution ofPennsylvania provides: "The right of the citizens to beararms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned."
    (4) Pennsylvania's constitutional protection of anindividual's right to bear arms is clear and unequivocal.

Section 2. Use of State resources to enforce Federal lawsrelating to firearms, firearm components orammunition.

(a) General rule.--Neither the Commonwealth nor any of itspolitical subdivisions shall allow the use of any resources orpublic funds to enforce a Federal law, executive order orregulation that is enacted or promulgated after the effectivedate of this section and attempts to register, restrict or banthe ownership or purchase, whether by number or type, of afirearm, component of a firearm or ammunition.
    (b) Definition.--As used in this section, the term"resources" shall mean and include judicial buildings,correctional facilities, personnel and equipment.

Section 3. Effective date.

This act shall take effect immediately.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    I was going to post this, glad I checked here first, your title is wrong, the bill number is 81, not 21.
    I'm in, how do we support this?
    DGAF

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by KCJones View Post
    I'm in, how do we support this?
    Call and ask your representatives (Senate and House) to support SB 81 of 2017.

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/home/findyourlegislator/

(Bucks County)

Been subscribed to daily coverage for a while now. Can get pretty tedious when there is a lot happening. Also frustrating to see the many "tabled", "Referred to" and then the numbers changed when they go into a following year. Contacting my rep (who is a dim) results in no response. Senator always responds...with a stock thanks for the contact and promise to consider.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Been subscribed to daily coverage for a while now. Can get pretty tedious when there is a lot happening. Also frustrating to see the many "tabled", "Referred to" and then the numbers changed when they go into a following year. Contacting my rep (who is a dim) results in no response. Senator always responds...with a stock thanks for the contact and promise to consider.
    IIRC if a bill's number changed it's because it died at the end of the "session" and was reintroduced in the next session, which means it has to start the entire process over again.

I've gotten the form letters too, the best thing is to stop in their office and ask them in person or leave a message with whoever is there and ask for a call back. Maybe not get the call but you have more of a chance than with an email.