Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Scott Wagner for Governor

Another email from Senator Scott Wagner

For Immediate Release -**February 7, 2017
    * * * * * * **amanda@wagnerforgov.com
    Scott Wagner’s Statement on Gov. Wolf’s Budget Proposal
    (YORK, Pa.)* - Scott Wagner released the following statement today about Gov. Tom Wolf’s proposed FY2017-18 state budget:

"Governor Wolf has changed his tone after the last two years of his failed budget proposals and finally acknowledges the need to control spending and live within our means. Unfortunately, Governor Wolf should have used the "live within our means" strategy two years ago.*

Several times in his budget address Governor Wolf used the term "cuts." *When Governor Wolf campaigned three years ago he portrayed himself as a private sector business owner who turned around his family business. *Governor Wolf simply does not possess the skills to solve Pennsylvania's budget crisis.

I have been in Harrisburg for almost three years and I see first hand how out of control many of the agencies really are. I have not run around the capitol yelling that we need to "cut here and cut there".

In fact, *I have been crystal clear that each and every agency must be managed so we can measure the success and failure of every dollar spent in Harrisburg. Year after year, there is always a budget crisis and everyone takes the easiest path to pass a budget by cutting costs somewhere without managing, measuring or holding agencies accountable for waste and mismanagement.

In 2016, I participated in the formation of a taxpayer caucus along with House Member Seth Grove and other House and Senate Members that identified over $2 billion dollars in cost savings simply by managing, measuring and accountability.

Governor Wolf has not at any time met with our group to review our findings.

Last week it was disclosed that Governor Wolf awarded a $1.8 Million Dollar no-bid contract with McKinsey & Co to identify cost savings. The work of the taxpayer caucus was completely overlooked.

The budget presented by Governor Wolf involves taxing the natural gas industry along with several other taxes on businesses and citizens.

For Governor Wolf It is easier to tax people and*businesses without any real plan. *

Governor Wolf is a failed governor and the 2018 elections*cannot come soon enough to replace him."

HBG has lots of waste of tax payer money thrown around for this or that program and about ZERO accountability on how money is spent in many cases its poured down the drain. That annual 2 billion number mentioned was not hard to find, even if was only "a billion" its still a waste of your money

After all the Government are in the business of raising taxes and spending tax money, its what they do best...... just to show how much we need them.

Look at you paycheck to see how much government cost you personally, then study all of the hidden taxes you also pay just to have this bloated big government that we really can't afford, that is IF we want to compete with other countries goods, as they don't have carry this extra government regulation cost.

Could lots of that tax money taken from your pay check be better spent by the government ~ OR ~ could that some of that extra tax money often wasted by government be more wisely spent on improving your family or yourself instead?.

Every time the government raises or creates another tax you for this or that " good purpose", you get another pay cut.
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

Default Re: Scott Wagner for Governor

Wolf is raising min wage to 12.00, taxing corp's (pay their fair share)
    In other words, the cost of living is just going to get more expensive.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Wolf is raising min wage to 12.00, taxing corp's (pay their fair share)
    In other words, the cost of living is just going to get more expensive.
    And more businesses will leave for Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by McSull View Post
    And more businesses will leave for Florida.
    I forgot this,, raise the natural gas tax! I'm looking to install a wood stove
    in my apt, thats how much my gas costs. We have enough gas in pa to last us eons,
    but my bill gets bigger and bigger every year.

(Juniata County)

Default Re: York area Repub businessman Wagner officially announces run against wolf in '18

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Is he going to bring back slavery like trump is?
    We never got rid of slavery. We just fail to sentence people to it.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

Default Re: York area Repub businessman Wagner officially announces run against wolf in '18

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    We never got rid of slavery. We just fail to sentence people to it.
    Who are the slaves, and masters? My guess is ,
    the citizens- slaves, and the fed reserve AKA rothchilds, rockerfellars, morgan, warburg = masters?
    Thats my take on it.

Quote Originally Posted by IIIIIREPOIIIII View Post
    Fuck him he is just another dirty rich blood oil driven white privileged trump loving black hating asshole.
    It's "filthy rich" you pleb, get it right! Stinking public education system......broken union rubbish, blah blah blaaaah..... ;o)

(Delaware County)

I found Walker's official website. Only general themes about MAPAGA (MAking PA Great Again) so I went to the contact page and fired-off this email:

Dear Senator Walker,

I have reviewed your website, Facebook page and other available sources and am unable to determine your specific positions on guns. Where do you stand on the various issues regarding people owning guns including military-style (assault) rifles, carrying guns (openly and concealed), out-of-state gun permits in PA, gun show loopholes, background checks, gun crime reduction, PA gun law preemption by counties, cities or municipalities and any other gun-related topics you deem pertinent.

Also, please list or reference any gun-related legislation you supported or opposed during your time in the PA Senate.

Thank you in advance for your prompt, thoughtful and detailed response concerning each of these important issues.

Regards,
    gman106
    I tried to be as middle-of-the-road in framing the inquiry as I could so he (or his staff) can't easily pander one way or the other in the response. The response should determine if the guy is a straight talker or just another equivocating bullshit artist trying to be Santa Claus instead of taking a clear and firm position on the issues.
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

"Dear Senator Walker,"

It's Senator Scott Wagner.
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell

(Chester County)

Would prefer any R over Wolf,

I don't think any anti 2A legislation would get through the R controlled legislature.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast