Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: York area Repub businessman Wagner officially announces run against wolf in '18

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Sweet! Will they be straight or gay? (don't want to upset the left)
    Happily gay of course and spray painted rainbow for fast identification.

(Warren County)

Default Re: York area Repub businessman Wagner officially announces run against wolf in '18

Sounds FABULOUS!
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(York County)

He's going to make illegal Muslim immigrants bake wedding cakes for gay NRA members. Saw it on HuffPost.

(York County)

Not sure I trust the guy. Just from some dealings with him on his business side. Personally I've learned that an honest guy on the other side who is somewhat in-competent is preferable to a sneaky bas*** whom is out only for himself.

Lets watch Wagner carefully before jumping on his bandwagon just because he says the right things to some of us.

(Allegheny County)

Default Scott Wagner for Governor

Signed up to for Scott Wagner updates. Here is the Jan 13 2017 announcing his run for governor of PA.

been watching this guy since he was elected and before, He is not a career politician. (reality is... its probably a pay cut working for the government for him) So why seek to be an elected public servant then?

We have been governed by career politician for decades and they have run up the tax payer debts with not a lot of tangible assets to show for the big state debt.

take the time to read this guy bio and listen to what he says and most important what he really does. He honors his commitments VERY RARE someone keeps their promises, especially so from someone in the government.

Go make the time to speak with senator Scott Wagner in person, you might like what he says and he does by putting the individual taxpayer best interest first, imagine that.

Scott Wagner for Governor
    info@wagnerforgov.com

Good Morning:
    It has been a very busy week - this past Wednesday and Thursday we held six press conferences across the state at which time I announced my candidacy for Governor of Pennsylvania.

Included below are the*comments*I made at the press conferences.*

Also, please take a minute to like and share my new Facebook page which can be found by clicking on this link -*https://www.facebook.com/wagnerforgovernor/*and visit my new website www.wagnerforgov.com.

If you're interested in making an online contribution*to support our campaign, please click on the following link - https://scottwagner.ichooseapex.com/...&FRI=APEX01*or send your personal check made payable to Scott Wagner for Governor, PO Box 141, Manchester, PA 17345 (corporate contributions are prohibited).*

Thank you.

Hello – My Name is Scott Wagner

I am a small business owner from York, PA.

I have been a private sector business owner for almost forty years.

Several of my businesses I have started from scratch.

I was not handed these businesses, nor did I come from a wealthy family.

Today at my various companies we employ hundreds of hard working, middle-class people.

In August of 2013, I decided to run for a seat in the PA State Senate.

Due to a groundswell of people in York County who knew me and believed in me and were fed up with the status quo, I was elected to the Pennsylvania State Senate in March of 2014 as the first ever write-in candidate to win a seat in the Pennsylvania legislature.

History was made on March 18, 2014 in York County.*

My decision in 2013 to run for a seat in the PA State Senate was based on four reasons.

#1:
    I was tired of being used like an ATM machine by career politicians who were all talk and no action.

My companies were being choked by massive regulations.

As a business owner, I was tired of being treated like a criminal by the government. Every time personnel from a federal or state agency would come to my businesses without an appointment and unannounced it was clear they were visiting our businesses to find us doing something wrong so they could fine us.

As the leader of my companies, I felt our employees and their families weren’t being properly represented in Harrisburg and protected from out of control government.

People at our various companies clock in early in the morning, hit the streets and service our customers. At the end of the day, they clock out and then go home to their families. Because of these people and their efforts, I felt strongly that they needed representation.

I have been in the PA State Senate for almost three years and I see first- hand how out of control and dysfunctional Harrisburg really is.
    When I went to Harrisburg I knew things would be bad – they are in fact much worse than I envisioned.*

The current dysfunction has been the result of 30-40 years of doing the same things over and over and allowing special interest groups to become way too powerful and influential.

Shortly after I joined the State Senate in Harrisburg I was part of the leadership change.

Major reform bills that never saw the light of day under the previous Senate leadership are finally getting voted on due to the willingness of Senate Majority Leader Jake Corman allowing these bills to go to the floor for a vote.

I can report to you that I have seen progress over the last two years in Harrisburg.

Things are starting to move in the right direction.

However, there is a major roadblock that is preventing many reforms from taking place.

The roadblock I am talking about is Governor Tom Wolf.

Tom Wolf campaigned that he was private sector business person and could turn Pennsylvania around.*

Truth be told Tom Wolf was a sixth generation business owner – so that means he was six generations away from starting from scratch.

Tom Wolf promised to lower taxes, create new jobs and that he would change the way Harrisburg does business.

Last week Pennsylvania’s gas tax went up another eight cents per gallon.

If you didn’t know this fact – Pennsylvania’s gas tax is the highest in the nation.

What has Governor Wolf done about the gas tax – he has done nothing.

Instead of changing Harrisburg, Tom Wolf has been the guardian of special interest groups in Harrisburg.

Under Governor Wolf, Pennsylvania’s financial condition continues to get worse, unemployment is up and Pennsylvanian’s are becoming more frustrated.

It is very simple.

Governor Wolf is a failed Governor.

He failed to lower property taxes as promised instead property taxes skyrocketed under Wolf.

He failed to control wasteful spending and actually made it worse.

He failed to solve the pension crisis.

He failed the schools and children of Pennsylvania by having the longest budget shutdown in history.

He failed to get Pennsylvania’s economy moving again, instead unemployment increased to the highest in the northeast region. **
    Tom Wolf is a failed Governor and it’s time for him to go.
    That is why today, I am officially announcing my candidacy for Governor of Pennsylvania.

Pennsylvania is at a crossroads.

Pennsylvania has a pension crisis.

Property owners are choking on ever increasing school taxes on their properties.

Unemployment is up.

Pennsylvania’s economy is stalled.

Pennsylvania’s businesses are choking on regulations.

It is make or break time.

I am very different from Governor Wolf.

I grew up on a farm.

I shoveled horse manure at age 10.

I learned how to repair every piece of used farm equipment we owned.

I was raised by parents who taught me how to work hard and never give up.

I started several of my businesses from scratch.

I have been through at least five recessions – my first recession was in 1980 when the prime interest rate went up to 22%. I almost did not financially survive the 1980 recession.

But I am a survivor.

At my first waste company, I drove the garbage trucks and loaded garbage into the trucks.

I cleaned the toilets and still do today if they need cleaned.

I would never ask anyone who works with me to do a task that I would not do myself.

I still have my CDL license and I can drive any piece of equipment in our various fleets.

I understand operations inside and out.
    We need a Governor who understands operations.

Pennsylvania is a unique state – within 24 hours we can reach one-third of our nation’s population.

Pennsylvania has a great work force – in fact we need more skilled labor to meet future demands.

Pennsylvania should and can be an economic powerhouse.

In February of 2015, Governor Wolf stated at a National Governor’s Association conference that “the biggest problem in Pennsylvania is low self-esteem.”

Trust me Governor Wolf, the hard-working middle class people throughout Pennsylvania are very proud of what they do, they do not have a self-esteem problem.

Since Governor Wolf took office, Pennsylvania’s unemployment has increased.

We have Pennsylvania state agencies’ that are not operating in a fashion to help businesses grow and prosper.

Many of the state agencies do not understand customer service and deadlines.

I have seen first-hand that Pennsylvania does not have a revenue problem – it has a spending problem.

I have served almost three years in the Senate – I feel powerless.

The number one person driving the agenda is the Governor, not the legislature.

We have the largest majorities in the legislature than we have had in a long time – in fact today, the PA Senate has a majority not seen for almost 70 years.

As long as we have a Republican majority in the legislature and Tom Wolf is in the Governor’s office we are going nowhere.

Pennsylvania desperately needs a Governor who has extensive leadership skills and understands how operating a business really works.

Pennsylvania needs a Governor who is a visionary to see the future and build a team to lead Pennsylvania to be a powerhouse again.

We are running out of time to turnaround our great state, out of control spending, zero accountability, the pension crisis, school taxes, an aging population, a skilled labor crisis and too many special interest groups getting the whole pie instead of hard working middle class Pennsylvanian’s getting a piece of the pie.

To all Pennsylvanian’s, and I say all Pennsylvanian’s, I want to be your next Governor.

I have the skills to lead – I possess visionary skills to see what the future can look like.
    Get government off the backs of businesses and I can assure you that Pennsylvania businesses will create jobs without government interference.

The last time I checked businesses drive everything – we pay our employees – we both pay taxes and fees to the government and because of that fact government employees get paychecks.

As Governor, I will make this pledge to you – I will do everything in my power to change the status quo in Pennsylvania.

I will do everything in my power to jump start our economy.

I will do everything in my power to solve the pension crisis and lower or eliminate school taxes.

The primary election and general elections are in 2018 – so I am out early.

I ask that you learn more about me – check me out – learn as much as you can about me.

For the first time in modern history, the citizens of Pennsylvanian have an opportunity to elect a Governor who has built several prominent and successful, private sector, small businesses from scratch.*

I am not a career politician, or an attorney, and I do not have a PHD.

If you are truly fed up with Harrisburg and want real change, I am asking for you to vote for me in 2018.

One of my favorite slogans that I learned in my business career is that "TEAM" stands for – "Together*Everyone*Achieves More."

Today, I am asking ALL Pennsylvanians to join the Scott Wagner for Governor Team so that Pennsylvania can finally achieve more.

Thank you.

Over the next 18 months, leading up to the May 2018 Primary Election, I will be traveling around Pennsylvania meeting people and learning about their concerns.*

Thank you for your continued support.

Have a great weekend.*

Scott

He is a recent sample of the alerts Senator Wagner has been putting out

Good Afternoon:
    Two weeks ago today, I held press conferences around the state to*formally announce*my candidacy for Governor of Pennsylvania.
    Since then, we have received hundreds of emails and phone calls from people*offering to assist and be part of our campaign. Please bear with us -*we will be in touch. We have come out of the gate so hard it is like trying to get a drink of water from four fire hoses.
    I made a decision to run for the PA State Senate back in 2013 because I was a fed-up business owner and taxpayer.
    What I have seen over the last three years disgusts me and makes me angry.
    The gridlock and culture in Harrisburg is a result of 20+ years of doing the same things over and over. As a result, the bureaucracy has grown to a point that the pace of Harrisburg is similar to*frozen maple syrup – it doesn’t flow.
    Harrisburg is a perfect example of way too much influence from special interest groups, zero sense of urgency, zero common sense, and zero accountability.
    Add in zero leadership and zero vision from our present Governor.
    Legislators think every issue needs to have hearing after hearing, and it must be analyzed to death so the Harrisburg culture will*kill any potential positive outcome.
    Here is another great example today of how our state government works.
    Click on the link below for an article regarding a bridge located in my Senate District that has been closed since September of 2014, almost two and a half years.
    http://www.ydr.com/story/news/traffi...ears/96726460/

In the article, a spokesman for Penn DOT said, "It*generally takes three to four years from the time PennDOT hires an engineering firm until construction can start."*

Three to four years?!?
    In the private sector, this bridge would have been closed and the engineering would have started immediately. Engineering and design would have taken no more than 30-45 days and construction would have started for a total completion*in six months*or less. I have experience with private sector construction projects and my best guess for how soon this project could have been completed factoring in 60 days of construction and 30 days for engineering and design, the bridge project could have and should have been completed start to finish*in three months.
    The cost for this bridge project is estimated to cost between $500,000 & $750,000.
    I would not be surprised*if*there are dozens, if not hundreds of similar bridge closures across Pennsylvania.*

The best combination for gridlock is to have two slow moving agencies be involved in a project; for example, Penn DOT (Pennsylvania Department of Transportation)*and DEP (Department of Environmental Protection), both of which are involved with this*bridge project.*

It is prime time to change the culture in Harrisburg. How do we do this? It is simple - *elect me as Pennsylvania’s next Governor in 2018.
    Shown below is an organizational chart of how the flow of state government should really work for Pennsylvanians.
    Due to the lack of real leadership and vision in Harrisburg for over 30 years, Harrisburg has created a flow chart that is upside down and*opposite of my expectations and vision.
    My vision and expectations are that people in Harrisburg should work and serve Pennsylvanians.
    Last time I checked, we pay taxes and fees. My company and thousands of small businesses across the state pay taxes and fees, we*have created*jobs and employ people just like my organizational chart shows. Millions of employees across the state pay taxes and fees to Harrisburg.
    When I become Governor of Pennsylvania*I want to assure you, the customers of state government, that there will be a quick culture change in Harrisburg.*The customer*will be treated as a customer should be treated.*
    I will continue to send emails informing you of my findings. Stay tuned because in the next few weeks I will report on another bombshell that I have discovered in another state agency.
    State government in Harrisburg is clearly the gift that keeps on giving!
    Have a great day.

Thank you,

Scott Wagner

For Immediate Release -*February 6, 2017
    * * * * * * **amanda@wagnerforgov.com*

Wagner: $1.8 Million Private Cost Study*
    *Is Another Huge Wolf Failure***

(YORK, Pa.)* - Sen. Scott Wagner leveled sharp criticism today at Gov. Tom Wolf’s decision to spend $1.8 million in tax money for a private firm to figure out how to close the Commonwealth’s $600 million deficit.
    The global consulting firm McKinsey & Company was awarded a*no-bid*contract for $300,000 a week, over a six-week period, to make suggestions to the Wolf Administration for ways to reduce the cost of state government, as well as provide ideas for which state taxes and fees to raise.
    Wagner said, “After holding the taxpayers hostage for several months last year so he could get a budget that raised taxes while being nowhere near balanced, Tom Wolf now blows $1.8 million on a no-bid contract with an outside firm to tell him how to do his job. In 2014, Tom Wolf sold himself to the voters as a savvy businessman with state government experience. However, what we see in the commonwealth’s CEO is the total failure of someone who is unsuited for the position, and it costs the taxpayers dearly every day he’s in office.”
    Wagner, himself a successful York County businessman, is the only person in Pennsylvania’s history to win a seat in the General Assembly with a write-in campaign, which he waged in 2014*after Harrisburg powerbrokers tried to install their chosen candidate through political machinations. Wagner has steadfastly opposed every element of Wolf’s tax-and-spend agenda.
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Scott Wagner for Governor

^^^^^^I take from these pronouncements that the economy and related subjects—taxes, school funding, jobs, etc, are his primary focus and 2A is not really on his radar. This isn't bad necessarily, but it bears watching unless and until he releases a firm position statement and backs-it up. If 2A issues aren't something he thinks about, he may be more susceptible to knee-jerk reactions to unforeseen events (mass shootings, etc) and willing to cave under pressure from nefarious political forces.

ETA: I read he didn't go to college. I like him better already.
    Last edited by Gman106; February 7th, 2017 at 02:39 PM.
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

Grew up working. Self made business man. Republican. No brainer for me.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

HB 80 - Authorizes Civil Action against Local Firearm Laws - Key Vote

https://votesmart.org/bill/19078/503...arm-laws#50380

Scott Wagner voted Yea (Passage With Amendment) on this Legislation.

Vote Smart's Synopsis:

Vote to concur with Senate amendments and pass a bill that authorizes civil action against local firearm laws.
    Highlights:

Authorizes any “individual adversely affected” by any firearm law enacted by a county, municipality, or township to seek declaratory or injunctive relief and actual damages in an appropriate court (Sec. 4).

Defines “individual adversely affected” as any of the following (Sec. 4):
    A resident of the state who is authorized to legally possess a firearm;
    An individual who has standing under the state law to bring about a civil action; or
    A membership organization, in which a member is an individual who is authorized to legally possess a firearm or who has standing to bring about a civil action.

Requires the court to award “reasonable expenses” to any individual adversely affected if any of the following occur (Sec. 4):
    A final determination by the court is granted in the favor of the individual adversely affected; or
    The firearm law in question is rescinded or repealed after the suit has been filed but before the final determination by the court.

Defines “reasonable expenses” as certain expenses including, but not limited to, the following expenses (Sec. 4):
    Attorney fees;
    Expert witness fees:
    Court costs; and
    Compensation for the loss of income.

Requires the Pennsylvania State Police to disclose, within 72 hours of receipt, any record relevant to a determination that any of the following individuals is no longer disqualified to possess a firearm (Sec. 3):
    An individual who illegally uses or is addicted to any controlled substance; or
    An individual who has been formally considered to be “a mental defective.”
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell

A bit of history on how Wagner won his Senate seat!

Wagner is from Spring Garden Township in York County, Pennsylvania. He owns a waste management business, called Penn Waste, and a trucking company, called KBS Trucking.[2] A lifelong member of the Republican Party, Wagner spent what he called "a significant amount" of his money to support "pro-business" candidates in the 2010 elections for Governor and Lieutenant Governor of Pennsylvania, the United States Senator, and United States Representative from Pennsylvania's 19th congressional district.[3]

Mike Waugh, who represented the 28th district in the Pennsylvania Senate, announced he would not run for reelection in the November 2014 elections. Wagner declared his candidacy for the seat. Waugh then resigned in January 2014, and a special election was called to fill the remainder of his term, with the date set for March 18.[4] When Ron Miller, an incumbent member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives, declared his intentions to run for the seat, Wagner charged the Republican Party with cronyism.[5] Wagner withdrew his name from consideration, but remained a candidate for the regularly scheduled primary election in May 2014. The York County Republicans selected Miller as their nominee,[6] and Wagner chose to run in the special election as a write-in candidate against Miller and Linda Small, the Democratic Party nominee.[7]

Wagner criticized Senate Republicans for supporting Miller, and the Senate Republicans aired television commercials attacking Wagner.[8] In the election, Wagner received 10,595 votes (47.7%), while Miller received 5,920 votes (26.6%) and Small received 5,704 votes (25.7%). Turnout was less than 14% of all registered voters in the district.[9] Wagner became the first write-in candidate to win election to the Pennsylvania Senate

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Wagnerhttp://

I voted for Wagner for the Senate and I would vote for him as Governor!
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell

(Wayne County)

Let's see if he's on the steps of the state house on the 22nd of May.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast