Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: To the women open carrying in Walmart today.

I actually did not read the entirety of the thread prior to my initial post which was only reading yours and responding. That being said the whole point of the good guy with a gun before law enforcement to get to a situation is the first line of defense.

I will say this, you will fail at 100% of everything that you do not attempt. It seems so many people are concerned with how this person could have reacted negatively those Desiring to be in on interventionalist in what was obviously a dangerous situation that was affecting not only the original poster but those in the store.

I'm not some guy that walks around like a badass with something to prove and a chip in my shoulder trying to win arguments or to assert myself over another, look tough or whatever. That being said when faced with a situation that's obviously unsafe to myself or another especially involving a potential weapon such as a firearm one needs to step up to the plate and make contact. Whether the person reacts negative or not they already brought a dangerous situation in my sphere in the first place and that is other innocent people who might not even be situationally aware.

Due to the fact that it was on the counter and you obviously being much taller than this five-foot little chica, a firm but polite "excuse me ma'am" with a big warm smile a big smile rather than a "you stupid bitch, what are you doing?!" kind of scenario, will go a long way into making that initial contact a lot friendlier. Should have had gone South you could have been in such a proximity to at least knock the gun away and restrain her.

A lot of people are hesitant or actually in fear to make such contact with strangers due to what if this person would generally turn and cause me harm, what if they would make a scene I might be embarrassed, or God forbid what if they would try to sue me or something out of the whole event. There's many reasons why people don't act but I feel if you're carrying a firearm especially you need to be mentally prepared in all situations even if you don't work in law enforcement. Hesitation in other scenarios could get you were somebody else killed believe me. I'm not calling you a coward, I'm not saying you were in fear, I just wish to point out a lot of commonalities four similar circumstances in various psychological studies human behavior as well as fight and flight.

The beautiful thing is is that nothing happened and you were able to go home safe. Anybody can certainly sit an armchair quarterback something. I've made mistakes myself and have learned from them. The good thing is we can better ourselves and be more prepared the next time but analyzing different faucets. Then training for different scenarios mentally and sometimes even with roleplay or drills. I know this stuff is not common in the civilian world except for those who might take up any of the various martial art systems. So it's a good talking point rather than a place to start a flame War.
    Last edited by ammo; January 26th, 2017 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Google Voice did me a disservice and relaying my lip service :-)

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by ammo View Post
    I actually did not read the entirety of the thread prior to my initial post which was only reading yours and responding. That being said the whole point of the good guy with a gun before law enforcement to get to a situation is the first line of defense.

I will say this, you will fail at 100% of everything that you do not attempt. It seems so many people are concerned with how this person could have reacted negatively those Desiring to be in on interventionalist in what was obviously a dangerous situation that was affecting not only the original poster but those in the store.

I'm not some guy that walks around like a badass with something to prove and a chip in my shoulder trying to win arguments or to assert myself over another, look tough or whatever. That being said when faced with a situation that's obviously unsafe to myself or another especially involving a potential weapon such as a firearm one needs to step up to the plate and make contact. Whether the person reacts negative or not they already brought a dangerous situation in my sphere in the first place and that is other innocent people who might not even be situationally aware.

Due to the fact that it was on the counter and you obviously being much taller than this five-foot little chica, a firm but polite "excuse me ma'am" with a big warm smile a big smile rather than a "you stupid bitch, what are you doing?!" kind of scenario, will go a long way into making that initial contact a lot friendlier. Should have had gone South you could have been in such a proximity to at least knock the gun away and restrain her.

A lot of people are hesitant or actually in fear to make such contact with strangers due to what if this person would generally turn and cause me harm, what if they would make a scene I might be embarrassed, or God forbid what if they would try to sue me or something out of the whole event. There's many reasons why people don't act but I feel if you're carrying a firearm especially you need to be mentally prepared in all situations even if you don't work in law enforcement. Hesitation in other scenarios could get you were somebody else killed believe me. I'm not calling you a coward, I'm not saying you were in fear, I just wish to point out a lot of commonalities four similar circumstances in various psychological studies human behavior as well as fight and flight.

The beautiful thing is is that nothing happened and you were able to go home safe. Anybody can certainly sit an armchair quarterback something. I've made mistakes myself and have learned from them. The good thing is we can better ourselves and be more prepared the next time but analyzing different faucets. Then training for different scenarios mentally and sometimes even with roleplay or drills. I know this stuff is not common in the civilian world except for those who might take up any of the various martial art systems. So it's a good talking point rather than a place to start a flame War.
    Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by str8shooter View Post
    I think I saw her too. Was this the woman you saw?

Attachment 92776
    Now that's hot
    I'm a Rep Virgin

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Yes because no ignorant angry know it all A-holes with the James Yeager mentality ever purchased a handgun before. As far as confronting her I already answered that question earlier in this post.
    Remember when Yeagers butt buddy Jeff Bloovman came onto the forums and started to bash open carry and they actually made a video togeather about it? This just made me think about that, i think i remember Jeff getting banned at some point.
    IANAL

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    Who do you prefer,Targay?....and what's so bad about Ebay?
    Everybody knows that buying cheesburger fixins and cheetos on a whim at your local Shop&Save with Apple Pay is much higher class.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by FJW View Post
    Everybody knows that buying cheesburger fixins and cheetos on a whim at your local Shop&Save with Apple Pay is much higher class.
    No, the rich are known to slum it occasionally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by str8shooter View Post
    I think I saw her too. Was this the woman you saw?

Attachment 92776
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    No, the rich are known to slum it occasionally.
    Many rich folks have very little class at all. Many of them are some of the trashiest folks around. $100 lipstick on a pig... still a pig.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by FJW View Post
    Many rich folks have very little class at all. Many of them are some of the trashiest folks around. $100 lipstick on a pig... still a pig.
    Funny. I just mowed a lawn at a rather nice home for people who don't care what my price is - "just do it and bill me."

I trimmed around a bag of dog shit sitting at the bottom of the deck steps for three months before they picked it up.
    Yeah, I have a few like that.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Erie County)

I lived next door to a family that rented the house. He was a conductor for the Miami symphony. She wore moo-moo's all the time because that is what fat wimmen in S. Florida do.

After the family moved out, and all the trash cleaned up, the house had to be tented because of the bug infestation.

My father worked domestic for the mosquito control in Dade Co. He saw some of the trashiest yards in the more affluent neighborhoods, and he had been in every single neighborhood in Dade Co, after 30 years.

Pigs are pigs, and don't care about the dog shit on the lawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Indiana County)

I had a "run-in" with a lady at the Indiana Walmart today, except I was the one wearing a handgun (an S&W .40-cal.), in a proper holster. She was older than me, walking with a cane, and as she was about to cross my bow I stopped my buggy and motioned her to pass. She did, then said, "If I knew you were carrying a gun I should have let you pass." I smiled, she smiled, and we both went on our separate ways. One of the rare times I've ever had anyone comment at all about my open carry.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast