Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Non-Resident New Hampshire conceal carry permit, reciprocate in P.A.??

Pennsylvania reciprocates conceal carry permit in P.A.. The online documents are not clear if there is a distinction between "non-resident" license and "resident" license. Does anyone know or can confirm that a "non-resident" conceal carry permit from N.H. will reciprocate in the state of Pennsylvania? There has been some that have stated only a 'resident' carry license of a reciprocating state will be honored in P.A. and therefore a 'non-resident' carry permit will not be honored. I am a resident of N.J. and do not have a permit to carry in N.J. and can not get a permit to carry in N.J.. Thank you for any information.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Non-Resident New Hampshire conceal carry permit, reciprocate in P.A.??

Quote Originally Posted by docroc View Post
    Pennsylvania reciprocates conceal carry permit in P.A.. The online documents are not clear if there is a distinction between "non-resident" license and "resident" license. Does anyone know or can confirm that a "non-resident" conceal carry permit from N.H. will reciprocate in the state of Pennsylvania? There has been some that have stated only a 'resident' carry license of a reciprocating state will be honored in P.A. and therefore a 'non-resident' carry permit will not be honored. I am a resident of N.J. and do not have a permit to carry in N.J. and can not get a permit to carry in N.J.. Thank you for any information.
    Per http://handgunlaw.us/ PA only accepts NH Res permits.

IANAL

Edit: corrected myself in post #7.
    Last edited by Sgt.K; January 12th, 2017 at 12:38 PM.

(Pike County)

Default Re: Non-Resident New Hampshire conceal carry permit, reciprocate in P.A.??

To my knowledge the only state is TX non resident is valid in PA. Kane didn't get her hands on that agreement, but the new AG might have???

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post

IANAL
    As I interpret the above, when you look at NH, PA does accept ALL NH permits. Information to the contrary would be appreciated since this permit is how I CC in PA
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    There is a place like that, but William Penn made sure to put a river between us and New Jersey, to keep out those hoplophobic riffraff.
    There is NO evidence of widespread journalistic integrity.

Quote Originally Posted by olderguy View Post
    As I interpret the above, when you look at NH, PA does accept ALL NH permits. Information to the contrary would be appreciated since this permit is how I CC in PA
    Looks like you're good-to-go to me!

http://handgunlaw.us/states/pennsylvania.pdf
    IANAL. I don't give legal advice. I'm only stating my OPINION.
    (Did I really need to say that on an Internet forum? LOL)

(Pike County)

(Delaware County)

IANAL
    Yeah, quoting myself. I misread the page (backwards). My bad. NH only accepts PA res, but PA accepts all NH.

Carry on...

(Delaware County)

IANAL

The PA Attorney General signed agreement for NH does not specify resident licenses.

https://www.attorneygeneral.gov/uplo..._Agreement.pdf

An example of where a resident only license is accepted is the Virginia agreement where it specifically says "legal residents of Virginia":

https://www.attorneygeneral.gov/uplo...ement_2013.pdf

Now that's for being in PA.

New Hampshire on the other hand, only accepts resident licenses from any state they honor while in New Hampshire.

https://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/...ing/plupr.html

PLEASE NOTE: The State of New Hampshire will only recognize resident concealed handgun licenses from the above listed states so long as the non-resident carries upon his person the actual license from the state in which he or she resides. Pistol/Revolver licenses issued by the State of New Hampshire to out-of-state residents are ONLY valid within the State of New Hampshire or within a state that recognizes a New Hampshire non-resident pistol/revolver license.

ETA - Sgt.K realized the mistake while I was putting this together.
    Last edited by soberbyker; January 11th, 2017 at 04:11 PM.

The first "Whereas" in the reciprocity agreement gave me cause for concern:
    "WHEREAS, the purpose of this reciprocity agreement is to extend reciprocal concealed firearm permit/license privileges to the citizens of the State of New Hampshire and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania," (emphasis mine)

I sent an email to the Pennsylvania Attorney General's Office after Kane got tossed on her ass, with the following material facts:
    -I am a resident of the State of New York, and I do not claim residency in any other state
    -I have a valid New Hampshire nonresident permit
    -I am concerned about the wording of the agreement and would like clarification

The email that I received in return was that the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania honors both resident and nonresident permits issued in the State of New Hampshire. The email was received on 13 Sept 2016.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by HXD View Post
    The first "Whereas" in the reciprocity agreement gave me cause for concern:
    "WHEREAS, the purpose of this reciprocity agreement is to extend reciprocal concealed firearm permit/license privileges to the citizens of the State of New Hampshire and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania," (emphasis mine)

I sent an email to the Pennsylvania Attorney General's Office after Kane got tossed on her ass, with the following material facts:
    -I am a resident of the State of New York, and I do not claim residency in any other state
    -I have a valid New Hampshire nonresident permit
    -I am concerned about the wording of the agreement and would like clarification

The email that I received in return was that the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania honors both resident and nonresident permits issued in the State of New Hampshire. The email was received on 13 Sept 2016.
    I agree that can be confusing. However the "whereas" where they start to number points is the meat of the agreement and in that section residents is not mentioned. The agreements that Kane changed all said "legal residents of" (again in the agreement paper the numbered parts are the actual agreement)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast