Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Default Re: Mossberg 14" PGO

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer View Post
    Read my post again, that's my point. The state still has the last word and they might claim that its shotgun that needs to be NFA reggied regardless of NFA/Fed ruling.

And yes there are states that pick and choose which NFA stuff we can own or not, just like no exploding DDs but large bore DD is ok.
    To get certainty about PA law, start with the state law definition of "shotgun".

We'll wait....
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer View Post
    Read my post again, that's my point. The state still has the last word and they might claim that its shotgun that needs to be NFA reggied regardless of NFA/Fed ruling.

And yes there are states that pick and choose which NFA stuff we can own or not, just like no exploding DDs but large bore DD is ok.
    I read it as you were depending on the PA State Police agreeing with the ATF about it's federal legality. That's irrelevant. They can't change a federal regulation. But as you meant, they certainly can have a more restrictive regulation.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    To get certainty about PA law, start with the state law definition of "shotgun".

We'll wait....
    Please clarify the 'we' in your statement. I've had the PA Title 18 page open for weeks. I keep reading and rereading it. Perhaps I'm a moron, but I can't get clarity from it. Is there another source where the PA definition of 'shotgun' can be found?

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    . . .

Please clarify the 'we' in your statement. I've had the PA Title 18 page open for weeks. I keep reading and rereading it. Perhaps I'm a moron, but I can't get clarity from it. Is there another source where the PA definition of 'shotgun' can be found?
    I'm not aware of one in the Crimes Code. You can find definitions that "relate" to shotguns, but they all assume that we know what a "shotgun" is.

Maybe there's something in the Game Code, but it would be a stretch to apply that to the Crimes Code, if it's even there.

I looked into this a few years ago to see if you could cut down a blackpowder shotgun under 18" and own it legally in PA. ATF doesn't think it's a firearm, but our POW statute (908) bans unregistered sawed-off shotguns.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    I'm not aware of one in the Crimes Code. You can find definitions that "relate" to shotguns, but they all assume that we know what a "shotgun" is.

Maybe there's something in the Game Code, but it would be a stretch to apply that to the Crimes Code, if it's even there.

I looked into this a few years ago to see if you could cut down a blackpowder shotgun under 18" and own it legally in PA. ATF doesn't think it's a firearm, but our POW statute (908) bans unregistered sawed-off shotguns.
    And we're back to the beginning, lol. and

Since there is no definition of shotgun in PA Crimes Code, would attorneys and judges rely on the federal definition from the BATFE?

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    And we're back to the beginning, lol. and

Since there is no definition of shotgun in PA Crimes Code, would attorneys and judges rely on the federal definition from the BATFE?
    IMO theres another problem with calling these "firearms" shotguns rely on a "sporting purpose" exemption from the 50cal and under restriction, like the street sweeper and other 12ga it could be classed as a DD (destructive devise)

(Lancaster County)

I have the Mossberg 500 pistol grip combo model from years back (persuader or defender?) with the 18" home defense barrel. I changed to the birds-head grip for "functionality" - it is much easier to shoot from the hip, and doesn't kill your wrist. So from a shooting standpoint this style works much better for me.

Cb
    Cb Μολὼν λαβέ

(Lancaster County)

IMG_20170219_113532.jpg

I'm not sure what taking the 4" off the end of the barrel really gets you, other than the "coolness" factor ( which is pretty high IMO) maybe a little more manueverability? and maybe some more spread, but at household distance that is probably slight.

Cb
    Cb Μολὼν λαβέ

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by solrac7 View Post
    IMG_20170219_113532.jpg

I'm not sure what taking the 4" off the end of the barrel really gets you, other than the "coolness" factor ( which is pretty high IMO) maybe a little more manueverability? and maybe some more spread, but at household distance that is probably slight.

Cb
    The inability to mount a flashlight like that.

(Lancaster County)

But I LIKE that flashlight ! It is an older Luminox? focused beam LED that uses 1 CR123 battery and brightest part of the spot is where the pellets hit !

:-) Cb
    Cb Μολὼν λαβέ

(Lancaster County)

Just purchased the adapter from www.OPSolmini-clip.com to allow me to use Aguila mini-shells ... I found the minishells at Kinsey's - $20 for ten rounds, but you can't take it with you right?
    I'll let you know how the work/shoot.

Cb
    Cb Μολὼν λαβέ

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast