Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Mossberg 14" PGO

Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    at this point I dont think there is a definitive answer, since its a "new" thing we dont know how officers or judges would act. I wont be the test case though, your level of comfort may vary
    ^^^^^ This is the voice of reason. The main issue is with law enforcement. Do you think the cops will believe you when you say: "Hey, it's not a shotgun because it never had a stock", while looking at the side of the barrel that says 12G. Unless there is a statement from Harrisburg/state police saying: Yes it's legal without NFA reggie, I would stay away.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by marinville View Post
    Ive never seen them for sale anywhere. Im curious where he is seeing any of that crap, besides at a flee market. Do they also sell "water pipes" there?
    I have seen them at gun shows,sold by non firearms vendors.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer View Post
    ^^^^^ This is the voice of reason. The main issue is with law enforcement. Do you think the cops will believe you when you say: "Hey, it's not a shotgun because it never had a stock", while looking at the side of the barrel that says 12G. Unless there is a statement from Harrisburg/state police saying: Yes it's legal without NFA reggie, I would stay away.
    PA cannot say it's not NFA/federally legal. It is. The concern has been PA legality. Many say federal law trumps state law, but... There are many states that have more restrictive laws than federal laws. No SBR's in WA until recently, and Maryland, NY, and Cali?

And I believe a member here saw a similar model by Asylum Weaponry at the Morgantown show.

destructive devises such as pipe bombs and hand grenades are federally legal with tax stamps but are prohibited in PA

Machine Guns
    Most items that are required to be registered under the National Firearms Act such as machine guns, suppressors, short barreled rifles and shotguns, are prohibited in Pennsylvania as “offensive weapons” unless they are registered under the NFA.

It is an affirmative defense for those found in possession of NFA weapons if proven by a preponderance of the evidence that there were possessed:

solely as a curio
    in a dramatic performance
    as a consequence of having found it
    as a consequence of having taken it from an aggressor
    Last edited by USMC3531; February 19th, 2017 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    I have never seen those items for sale at any gun stores.
    go to a store that sells GOOD knives and you can find "automatic" knives like microtech

Quote Originally Posted by marinville View Post
    Ive never seen them for sale anywhere. Im curious where he is seeing any of that crap, besides at a flee market. Do they also sell "water pipes" there?
    you can order it all online, plus fleamarkets, gunshows, knife shops, ive seen weighted hats (slapjack style) at gun stores/army navy stores.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    go to a store that sells GOOD knives and you can find "automatic" knives like microtech
    Yep, I have a few that I purchased locally at gun shops. I believe they are legal to own for collecting but not for carry.

Well I plan on getting one if they are selling in PA, and if it proves itself to be useable weapon for more then just blowing up beer cans then I will use it for camping.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    PA cannot say it's not NFA/federally legal. It is. The concern has been PA legality. Many say federal law trumps state law, but... There are many states that have more restrictive laws than federal laws. No SBR's in WA until recently, and Maryland, NY, and Cali?

And I believe a member here saw a similar model by Asylum Weaponry at the Morgantown show.
    No, I saw a Mossburg PGO. The guy wanted Asylum money, but it was a PGO. Some how he got one early. $770 asking price.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    PA cannot say it's not NFA/federally legal. It is. The concern has been PA legality. Many say federal law trumps state law, but... There are many states that have more restrictive laws than federal laws.
    Read my post again, that's my point. The state still has the last word and they might claim that its shotgun that needs to be NFA reggied regardless of NFA/Fed ruling.

And yes there are states that pick and choose which NFA stuff we can own or not, just like no exploding DDs but large bore DD is ok.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast