Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Wayne County)

Default Wilderness and Remote First Aid - East Stroudsburg University - March 25-26, 2017

Sandcut Outdoors is offering a Wilderness and Remote First Aid class for American Red Cross certification. The WRFA class will be held on Saturday and Sunday, March 25 and 26, 2017 from 9 am to 6 pm each day.

An Adult CPR/AED class will be offered on Friday March 24, 2017 from 5 pm to 8:30 pm for those requiring the certification as a prerequisite for the WRFA class or for anyone requiring Adult CPR/AED certification.

The cost for the course is as follows:
    Wilderness and Remote First Aid - $180
    WRFA + Adult CPR/AED* - $225
    Adult CPR/AED - $90

Class prerequisites:
    Must be at least 14 years old
    Must show proof of a current Adult CPR/AED certification *

The class will be held in Room 135 of the Hoeffner Science and Technology Building, on Normal Street, on the campus of East Stroudsburg University, East Stroudsburg, PA.

To register for the course send an email to
    SandcutOutdoorsLLC@gmail.com
    For questions call Mike at 570)955-8391.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sandcut; January 9th, 2017 at 09:10 PM.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Wayne County)

Default Re: Wilderness and Remote First Aid - East Stroudsburg University - March 25-26, 2017

A couple of items FYI for everyone interested in attending this WRFA class.

A $50 deposit is required to be received by Sandcut Outdoors LLC no later than Friday, March 10 in order to reserve a seat in this class. Please submit a check made out to Sandcut Outdoors LLC or Postal Money Order and mail to 22 Evergreen Drive, Gouldsboro, PA 18424. The balance of payment is required on or prior to the first day of class.

All fees will be refunded if minimum enrollment is not met or if the class is cancelled due to inclement weather and cannot be rescheduled. No refunds will be made after the start date of class.

A minimum of 6 students is required to hold this class in order to properly execute all skills safely. The class is also limited to a maximum of 20 students. Seats are already filling. Please register for the class by emailing your intent to enroll to SandcutOutdoorsLLC@gmail.com as soon as possible to ensure your enrollment.

Once we get into March I will email out individual invoices, waiver forms and list of items to bring.

Should anyone have questions, feel free to shoot me an email or post here.

Thanks,

Mike

(Wayne County)

Default Re: Wilderness and Remote First Aid - East Stroudsburg University - March 25-26, 2017

OK, some folks who are travelling from out of town have asked about places to stay. I reached out to various places in the area to see if we could get some reduced rates in exchange for sending business their way. Here's what we found:

For those who want to camp

Delaware Water Gap KOA - http://koa.com/campgrounds/delaware-water-gap/
    Open year ‘round. Heated bathrooms. Hot water/showers.
    Mention that you’re taking a WFA class with Sandcut Outdoors and they will give reduced rates
    For cabins – 10%. For tent sites – owner has to get back to me yet. Check back here.

Otter Lake Campground - http://otterlake.com/
    Open year ‘round. Heated bathrooms. Hot water/showers.
    Owner hasn’t gotten back to me on reduced rates.
    This site is a little further away, but my wife stayed with her sister there once and says it’s nice.

For those who want a motel

Pocono Budget Inn - http://www.poconobudgetinn.com/
    Mention that you are taking a WFA class at East Stroudsburg University and ask for the ESU student rate. This rate is $63-$69 depending on the room and is the flat rate contracted with the University. Depending on the season, this almost half price.

Super 8 East Stroudsburg - https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/super-...0927:Rio:Local
    Mention that you’re taking a WFA class with Sandcut Outdoors at ESU and ask the negotiated discount of 20%.

For those wanting a Bed and Breakfast

Holtz House - http://holtzhousebandb.com/
    This is a cute little B&B in my town run by my neighbor, Kris. Reduced rates will vary based on which room you rent. Just mention that you’re taking a class with Mike from Sandcut Outdoors. This B&B is about 25 minutes away (about ½ mile from my house), but Gouldsboro is a cute little town.

If you have any issues getting the reduced rates when you make your reservations let me know and I’ll get in touch with the manager.

There are other places in the area to stay. These are the ones that were willing to negotiate. I hope this helps find you someplace to stay and helps keep the cost down.

(Wayne County)

OK. We appear to currently have 12 definites, 1 probable and 1 possible signed up for this class, so the class is filling up quickly.

If you haven't already contacted me to register, consider doing so to ensure a seat in the class. Folks have been signing up in groups of 3 and 4, so we could max out the class with only a couple more groups.

(Wayne County)

Less than two weeks out until class. Still a few seats left if you're interested.

(Wayne County)

For anybody looking for a last minute weekend activity, I just had a cancellation due to possible case of Norovirus (eeewwwww!) so a spot opened up.

CPR starts at 1700 hours this evening if you don't already have it. Otherwise, WRFA starts at 0900 tomorrow.

Shoot an email to SandcutOutdoorsLLC@gmail.com, I'll get it on my phone.