Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Lame Duck President ask court to hear a case from PA--11 days before his exit

Quote Originally Posted by 51158 View Post
    ya Ok, and when it comes time for you and I to retire from our jobs we'll show up that last couple weeks like we just started the job...This is a perfect example of reality and what the books teach...It's not derogatory towards you, I just can't think of another way of putting it..
    Meh...I've quit jobs where I've worked "as usual" right up to my last day. In fact, I've usually had to work harder to get things done, documented and in a position to be handed off to someone else. I've never worked in a job where they said, "just go fuck off for the last 2 weeks or 2 months, and we will pay you anyway".

(Beaver County)

Default Re: Lame Duck President ask court to hear a case from PA--11 days before his exit

In the military Obama would be called a "short timer".

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by john9001 View Post
    I think that is low on the list of things he would be called.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    Meh...I've quit jobs where I've worked "as usual" right up to my last day. In fact, I've usually had to work harder to get things done, documented and in a position to be handed off to someone else. I've never worked in a job where they said, "just go fuck off for the last 2 weeks or 2 months, and we will pay you anyway".
    so you're pro-active in a job you're only going to have for a few more weeks? don't think so, but if so You truly are unique..
    If You Need A Color In The Name Of Your Cause, You're The "RACIST" !

(Wayne County)

I wish he would take his SHORT TIMER STICK and stick it up his ass.

so you're pro-active in a job you're only going to have for a few more weeks? don't think so, but if so You truly are unique..
    Guess I'm stupid, but I can live with myself. I was let go from a fairly prestigious position in a large public company when the top management changed and I still traveled out-of-state to visit a large customer that same day. I conducted business on the part of the company and said nothing to them about my severance.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    There is a place like that, but William Penn made sure to put a river between us and New Jersey, to keep out those hoplophobic riffraff.
    There is NO evidence of widespread journalistic integrity.

(Monroe County)

He would have been chaptered out a while ago and called many other things

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by olderguy View Post
    Guess I'm stupid, but I can live with myself. I was let go from a fairly prestigious position in a large public company when the top management changed and I still traveled out-of-state to visit a large customer that same day. I conducted business on the part of the company and said nothing to them about my severance.
    as you should, I'm speaking from my part of the system(as we all are) jobs are different with different responsibilities..I'm an electrician, I'm always looking up, I'm also given work orders.. I think that I will stop looking for work when I'm that close, true I will do my job that's my meaning of pro active.. for the last 40 years I've always strived to do more, I always felt it made me desirable as an employee and from my work history it's so...And yes I sleep well at night..
    Last edited by 51158; January 15th, 2017 at 12:25 PM.
    If You Need A Color In The Name Of Your Cause, You're The "RACIST" !

(Allegheny County)

I will continue working on my assignments until I am told to stop doing so. I will also continue doing the work expected of me, until such time I am told to stop, or my pay is discontinued for any reason.

(Franklin County)

I've never been fired but on jobs I've quit, I've always continued working up until the last minute of the last day, because that's what I'm paid to do. POTUS is a little different because Obama didn't "quit" and he wasn't "fired", basically his service was just over. As much as it pains me to say this, he has an obligation to work to the last minute of the last day. I don't agree with what he has been doing but I do appreciate that he is doing the job through the last minute.
    The Hostler

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast