Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Classified ads

Hybrid View

(Berks County)

Default Classified ads

Would it be possible to have a rule to combine classified ads? Or does this rule already exist. With so many posts it's sometimes difficult to navigate with certain members having a large number of posts. Thanks
    Josh

(York County)

Default Re: Classified ads

Quote Originally Posted by sig22940 View Post
    Would it be possible to have a rule to combine classified ads? Or does this rule already exist. With so many posts it's sometimes difficult to navigate with certain members having a large number of posts. Thanks
    Josh
    Personally I prefer specific ads that say something like "H&K VP9 <500 rounds, great shape" rather than "Many guns for sale, check it out inside"... Easier to parse.

However, the sheer volume can be daunting, especially if you make use of the 'new posts' or 'what's new' function. I'd venture to say MOST of that volume is not 'new' classifieds, but "bumps" of existing ads, often daily or every couple days. My suggestion there is to restrict "bumps" to a more reasonable frequency (e.g. 1x / week? 1x / month?)
    Last edited by KCJones; January 9th, 2017 at 04:39 PM.
    DGAF

(Allegheny County)

WTS: Winchester 94 30-30

WTS: Colt 1911 Stainless

WTS: Anderson AR15

WTS: Henry Lever Action .22LR

WTS: Glock G19 9mm

WTS: Mossberg 500 18" barrel

I'm not sure how hard it is to "navigate" that.

You either want one of them or you don't.
    If you do, how would you know to even open a thread if it just says "6 Guns for Sale"?

Maybe I just don't understand the "problem" presented.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Berks County)

Yes I think it's more so the same ads bumped for year(s). It would be nice to scroll through without seeing the same ads. And yes not many ads for sale but maybe "Glock 19, Sig p229, Hk45".

Quote Originally Posted by KCJones View Post
    Personally I prefer specific ads that say something like "H&K VP9 <500 rounds, great shape" rather than "Many guns for sale, check it out inside"... Easier to parse.

However, the sheer volume can be daunting, especially if you make use of the 'new posts' or 'what's new' function. I'd venture to say MOST of that volume is not 'new' classifieds, but "bumps" of existing ads, often daily or every couple days. My suggestion there is to restrict "bumps" to a more reasonable frequency (e.g. 1x / week? 1x / month?)

(Lehigh County)

You can only put 5 pictures in an ad, which is about right for one or maybe two guns at most. You can use the Thread Display Options function at the bottom of tbhe listing to help reduce what you are looking at. That and the search can reduce the list considerably.

(Allegheny County)

Yes I think it's more so the same ads bumped for year(s). It would be nice to scroll through without seeing the same ads.
    Nancy in pa for example. I am really sick of seeing all his ads for mostly overpriced crap bumped to the top all the time.

(Berks County)

I hate the large postings full of nothing I want that I had to open to see what's in it. They are Obama care ads. I much prefer to read what's in it before I click on it. Now if county was included and price, that would be special. All the ones I want seem to be in Pittsburg.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by DMG View Post
    Nancy in pa for example. I am really sick of seeing all his ads for mostly overpriced crap bumped to the top all the time.
    Maybe I should have just come out and said it. This is who I'm referring to. I'm also sick of seeing the Nancy in pa ads. Either way overpriced or junk nobody wants. I made a reasonable offer on a gun year(s) ago. If the ignore option blocked the ad I would have just let it go.

(Berks County)

Maybe I should have just come out and said it. This is who I'm referring to. I'm also sick of seeing the Nancy in pa ads. Either way overpriced or junk nobody wants. I made a reasonable offer on a gun year(s) ago. If the ignore option blocked the ad I would have just let it go.
    So you attack him instead of ignoring him. He isn't breaking any rules. Maybe you'd like to be super mod for a day and perma ban him? Look up petty.