Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Question Really? we need a law to allow military spouses to buy hand guns out of home state?

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪
    Why not allow the 2A to be respected and allow anyone to buy a handgun across state lines??

New bill aims to expand gun rights for military spouses

A Republican lawmaker introduced legislation Thursday that would simplify the gun purchase process for military spouses stationed alongside active-duty service members.

Announced by Rep. Blake Farenthold, R-Texas, H.R. 256 offers an exemption to military husbands and wives allowing them to purchase firearms wherever their active duty spouse is stationed even if they claim residency in another state.

Under the current law, U.S. citizens can only legally purchase handguns in the state they claim residency; however, an exemption is made for armed forces’ members. Active duty military can purchase handguns in the state they are stationed so long as they present a military I.D. and official orders showing the permanent duty station. This perk does not extend to spouses though.

Despite living with their service member, many military husbands and wives are barred from handgun purchases because their driver’s licenses are issued in their home state — the state they claim residency and pay...

http://www.guns.com/2017/01/07/new-b...itary-spouses/
    ?
    Last edited by vinnyg101; January 8th, 2017 at 08:00 PM.
    Gun Owners of America lifetime member! Same sex marriage is an oxymoron!

(Clearfield County)

Default Re: Really? we need a law to allow military spouses to buy hand guns out of home sta

It is stupid, they should make it so anyone can buy pistols at an out of state FFl, idiotic, outdated law that we can't

(Beaver County)

Default Re: Really? we need a law to allow military spouses to buy hand guns out of home sta

Now is the time to clean up many outdated laws that should have never been passed.

Politicians live to create special citizens. It's what they do. It's all that they do.

What would be refreshing is if one of the special citizen groups du jour would speak out and say what about the rest of the citizenry that have equal rights?

But then they wouldn't be special....would they?

(Delaware County)

Hmm, I don't know about this one...the law likely did me a favor back in the day when I was still hitched to my nutjob ex!
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Chester County)

The last thing the US needs is yet another law. This seems logical to me though, Gman's 'ex' notwithstanding.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Politicians live to create special citizens. It's what they do. It's all that they do.

What would be refreshing is if one of the special citizen groups du jour would speak out and say what about the rest of the citizenry that have equal rights?

But then they wouldn't be special....would they?

This all plays into my arguement for National Constitutional carry. One Standard for everyone across the board!