Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Got a reply from the Senator.

Dear Mr. Mateer:

Thank you for contacting me to express your opposition to House Bill 277, which would require trigger locks and ballistic fingerprinting for all handguns in Pennsylvania. I appreciate your interest in this legislation and I understand your objection to the requirements that this bill would impose on handgun owners.

As you are aware, House Bill 277 is currently under the consideration of the House Judiciary Committee, to which it was referred on February 6, 2007. Restrictions on the purchase and use of firearms are a contentious and important legislative issue, given the personal freedoms involved. I understand your contention that gun control measures are ineffective for their intended purpose, and I will take your concerns into account as I consider this legislation, if it should pass the House and come before me. The ways in which we regulate and control gun sales and ownership in Pennsylvania is an important but divisive issue. As this bill moves through the legislative processes, I will keep your opposition to it in mind.

Again, thank you for contacting me about this matter. Please feel free to contact me if I can assist you in any way.

Sincerely yours,

Senator Jay Costa, Jr.

43rd District

JC/ jlg

Default Re: Got a reply from the Senator.

He's only acknowledging your letter & position, but no indication of how he'll vote.

(Jefferson County)

True...

But gotta give'm credit for replying. lol ....way too many people in office dont take the time to respond to us little folks.

(Berks County)

The reply may not be all that we could hope for, but it is a reply and it is recognition that our views do count for something. Now if several other of his constituents would contact him in a like manner, he might just sit up and take notice.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by PA Rifleman View Post
    He's only acknowledging your letter & position, but no indication of how he'll vote.

The lack of indication IS the indication of how he'll vote.

The man could at least have the decency to make his position clear.

My neighbor sent a letter to another elected official, and the response she received went something like... although we do not have the same views... yadda, yadda... Again, thank you for contacting me about this matter. Please feel free to contact me if I can assist you in any way.
    He's a SCUMBAG (my opinion) but I have to respect that he didn't HIDE his views as Senator Costa did in your response.

jmateer,

GOOD JOB on the letter writing!
    You've reminded me that I need to do the same.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

HIDE his views as Senator Costa did in your response.
    Jay Costa hide his views!....Surely you jest!

(Philadelphia County)

" Dear (fill in subject's name):

I have received your letter regarding (fill in law in question). This is a very devisive isse, where one side wants to (fill in right extreme) and the other side wants to (fill lin leftist extreme).

THank you for contacting me regarding this matters. I will keep your thoughts as I vote on it.

Sincerely,

(Politician's name)"

There you have it kids. The Political Formula.

The first time I wrote a politician, I was just starting college. I wrote the rep from Delaware not to outlaw "Napster".

ALL their letters are exactly the same.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Carbon County)

Right! The only one that counts is a face to face where they recognise you.

"Hey____ remember all my friends (ie:"straw donating") I called for you to raise campaign $? wink wink

Or course this also works......"hey look at these pick of you cheating on your wife with your gay intern" ....
    if you ever see my post edited...its most likely for speling :D
    "Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges"-In Time of War the Law Falls Silent-Cicero
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum"-If you want peace, prepare for war-Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"America Starts Here!"-former PA state Slogan...until NJ complained and our wussy GovRendell changed it!

(Berks County)

Thumbs up Re: Got a reply from the Senator.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I got the following reply from my state senator, Senator John C. Rafferty, Jr. of the 44th district.

Dear Mr. Billamj;
    I am a supporter of the 2nd Amendment and do not plan to support the bills. Best wishes.
    Very truly yours,

Now that is the kind of response that I like to hear from elected representation. Short, sweet, to the point, and thinking along the same lines as I do.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Tioga County)

The politicians know how they are going to vote, they aren't going to really listen to us to better themselves. Most of them are lifers and they know it. I'm obviously pro gun but do you folks really think that they are going to help us? I don't. Flame me all you want, but they are sticks in the mud.
    Real Eyes, Realize, Real Lies.

The only way the Gov't will get my guns is if they fight me for them.

Wasn't born in P.A., But I am a proud resident now!