Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Everyone....just go out and buy a Ruger LCP 2

It's an ammo approved backup gun!

You will feel almost armed as a deep cover stand alone, or really good when you add this to your EDC gear or as a back up to your issued weapon. Then go out and get some Leigh Defense bullets....it will rock your socks off. I put 100rds through for function check the day after I bought it mostly rapid fire just to break it in with Winchester White Box 115gr.....no issues. Next day ran 80rds more......with Perfecta ball ammo, Winchester STX and Federal HST hollow points. Safe to say this gun will do you well.

Accurate, light recoil, decent sights, natural point shooter, slide release can be done without even breaking it in with just the thumb....what more could you want?

$301.75 0ut the door at Backwood Outfitters in Columbia, PA. THANKS TOM!!!!

Why anyone else would want another small pistol is beyond me. This is the new kid on the block and current champion for .380's in this size hands down.
    Last edited by ammo; January 8th, 2017 at 01:32 PM.

(Beaver County)

Default Re: Everyone....just go out and buy a Ruger LCP 2

I can't find one even to look at.

www.slickguns.com order it from the cheapest place including the shipping cost from (Free to $15-) even if you may wait a week or two and find an FFL to transfer it for around $20-.......you will REALLY enjoy the gun. The trigger on the thing is outstanding for what it is, and respectable for ANY pistol compared to the averages of a stock trigger.

Had a buddy shoot it, he hit a milk jug first shot at about 30+ yds on his first shot.....he really doesn't even shoot and doesn't own any guns that I know of. All of us that were were fairly vocal that "THIS" is the model gun he should get to start out! Easy task yes, but so simple a novice can and did do it. The sights on it are not bad at all for what it is.

Now go grab your credit card!
    Last edited by ammo; January 8th, 2017 at 01:31 PM.

(Indiana County)

I have a perfectly fine "original" LCP, no need to buy any other version.

And $301?
    Was that out the door?
    They are $269 locally here.
    I'm only asking because I am always interested in how wildly prices fluctuate across the commonwealth.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead View Post
    I have a perfectly fine "original" LCP, no need to buy any other version.

And $301?
    Was that out the door?
    They are $269 locally here.
    I'm only asking because I am always interested in how wildly prices fluctuate across the commonwealth.
    I am pretty sure Tanners has them for well under $300 over here. They also have the original for $209.

If I did not already have one I would buy the original above the II. For me at least it is a deep cover, make sure you have a gun with you, gun. The sights are adequate for that purpose and I can hit what I need to hit at distances I would use it at. If someone would be carrying it as a primary gun I would suggest the LCP custom or the II. I am a strong proponent of this line of guns. They fill a specific niche and do so extremely well.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

Yep, out the door price. The trigger and lock back slide, as well as the thicker grip and sights will make you a believer. The original was indeed good, this is night and day better. Not knocking your gun, you made a good decision with the tech available at the time; but they are not the same gun.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by ammo View Post
    Yep, out the door price. The trigger and lock back slide, as well as the thicker grip and sights will make you a believer. The original was indeed good, this is night and day better. Not knocking your gun, you made a good decision with the tech available at the time; but they are not the same gun.
    Not to argue just to argue, but nope.
    I have the Hogue grip on mine so no need for a larger grip on a new gun.
    Sights? Nah, I bought and carry mine as a last ditch tool to get me out of a bad situation not to take to the range and see what kind of group I can get.

I looked one over a couple weeks ago at a shop I frequent, could have gotten $125 in trade for my old model, still passed.

If you like it that's great, not knocking your decision but I myself just don't see the need for all that jazz on a belly gun.

I believe you misunderstood my intended synopsis.

For the end user who chooses to employ this as their sole means of force multiplication, will find the useful feature set on the new model diametrically apart (and superior) when compared to the original or custom in stock form.

Now, moving on to the user who understands that even with good ballistics it's still a .380, yet requires such a minuscule platform for either deep concealment, or a quickly deployed backup to their primary sidearm or carry weapon. It makes sense when faced with the choice of which to purchase, when there is presently no firearm to fit that said role, that the LCP 2 is the one to purchase.

Regarding the simplicity for a "belly gun" as it were, either will work, but for someone who regularly runs their equipment, tactical drills, sighted and point shooting, the LCP 2 is still the superior firearm, in factory stock form.

That being said, give me an expert with an average gun, and a novice with a $5,000- 1911.....my money's on the expert 9 out of 10 times.
    Last edited by ammo; January 8th, 2017 at 02:21 PM.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by ammo View Post
    It's an ammo approved backup gun!

You will feel almost armed as a deep cover stand alone, or really good when you add this to your EDC gear or as a back up to your issued weapon. Then go out and get some Leigh Defense bullets....it will rock your socks off. I put 100rds through for function check the day after I bought it mostly rapid fire just to break it in with Winchester White Box 115gr.....no issues. Next day ran 80rds more......with Perfecta ball ammo, Winchester STX and Federal HST hollow points. Safe to say this gun will do you well.

Accurate, light recoil, decent sights, natural point shooter, slide release can be done without even breaking it in with just the thumb....what more could you want?

$301.75 0ut the door at Backwood Outfitters in Columbia, PA. THANKS TOM!!!!

Why anyone else would want another small pistol is beyond me. This is the new kid on the block and current champion for .380's in this size hands down.
    Glad you like yours.

I'm gonna say "nope" for a few reasons:

1) Not interested in .380's. Ammo too spendy vs. lots of cheaper 9mm options widely available. Also, lets me avoid stocking up too many calibers of ammo.
    2) Already own an LC9s pro. Very happy with it as a deep-conceal gun
    3) Yes, the LC9 is a bit bigger, but so am I. I already added an extended mag to my LC9 because I truly prefer to get my pinky on the grip with any gun. Going smaller just makes it "worse" in that respect
    4) $300 seems okay, not-great. Cabela's offers it for $299 from a 'full-retail' vendor. And for me personally, there are many things I want/need more than another small carry gun.

Also, please understand that a new member coming on with a strong recommendation, particularly referencing a specific seller, generates some dubiousness. There have been cases of gun shops / gun shop owners coming here "incognito" and trying to tout themselves, which is not cool. Although I'm certainly not a years-long participant here, I am on some other forums and that's true nearly any place.

Not criticizing you, and welcome. I'm just saying understand why you may get a bit of dubiousness with a 'tout' so early in your participation.
    Last edited by KCJones; January 8th, 2017 at 03:54 PM.
    DGAF

To be frank, all these internet forums are is simply an exchange of information. It's up to the person who is seeking information to dig and uncover truth. What works well for your larger hands as you stated, may not be the most comfortable in another persons.

The LC9s Pro is a nice gun and well reviewed, but not for me. I prefer the XDS-9, PPS M2, and Honor Guard, or Shield for that size. The little dongle on the trigger stuck out to much for my own taste, so I didn't get one. Glad it works for you. To each their own.

The post was about a .380 in a specific size frame, for specific uses. It's not a .380 vs 9mm thread. Just wanted to point that out for you.

Regarding the price of ammo, that's neither here nor there. If you can afford a firearm, you should be able to afford the best ammunition for carry and some to train on of the same flavor. If not, your in the wrong profession or are bad manager of your finances.

You made me laugh, "new member and strong recommendation." I'm simply just another voice in the conglomerate called the world wide web. I've no need to make some formal introduction with a CV to qualify experience with historics, titles or even name dropping. While that may impress people who actually care about those things, as well as new members with strong opinions, the fact of the matter is that the reviewed piece is indeed superior to the former for a stock gun. This isn't a debate of what I, he or she personally likes, its just a statement of facts.

All these explanations of "my thing works for me better" are moot point. Obviously there will be differences in someone's body composition, hand sizes, preference of carry location etc. Simply absorb my post and note it as another data point from a satisfied owner of a new model handgun and move on. I'm not here to be part of some little social club; but rather to exchange information, as well as buy and sell at my leisure. Should I meet someone through a deal here and a decent relationship or business arrangement comes out of it so be it, but personally I'm much to occupied in my life every day than to monitor and post on forums constantly and react in awe at some "strange new handle", and suspect of covert gun shop owners.....buddy, you must be really bored.

Who are you to the people here, myself included? Nobody.

Who am I to everyone here, yourself included? Nobody.

Lastly, I've not perceived any dubiousness at all, except from you. I could care less about you, and your non helpful thread hijacking that had absolutely nothing to do with my original post, nor what another thinks of me enthusiastically recommending a new firearm. All those Ruger checks in the mail.....yup they made me do it! Didn't even have to drink the Kool Aid! now there's a Manufacturer conspiracy theory for you to run with.

Thats all I have to say on the matter; you are dismissed.
    Last edited by ammo; January 8th, 2017 at 03:23 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast