Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Allegheny Arms and Gun Works

I'll never understand why a business would put so much money/effort into a website and then HIDE WHERE THEY ARE LOCATED.

It took all sorts of clicking to find their address on that website. Bad. Very bad.
    I lost interest really fast.

Pass that along. They should consider addressing that.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

What am I missing? Where to find them was top and center. One click went to directions.

Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post
    Now you have me hungry for a damn hoagie. Nothing in my current location can compare.
    LOL Yeah, it's a shame to call it a hoagie, because it's so much better than anything else by that name. The crispy cheese that rolls off the sandwich onto the pan is one of the best delicacies anywhere! I grew up in South Park, and remember going to Danny's after a drive-in movie next door. Damn, I'm hungry now too.

Everybody, after you go to the gun shop, take Rt. 88 one mile farther to Danny's and order "half an Italian with everything". Jules will vouch for them. You can thank me later.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    LOL Yeah, it's a shame to call it a hoagie, because it's so much better than anything else by that name. The crispy cheese that rolls off the sandwich onto the pan is one of the best delicacies anywhere! I grew up in South Park, and remember going to Danny's after a drive-in movie next door. Damn, I'm hungry now too.

Everybody, after you go to the gun shop, take Rt. 88 one mile farther to Danny's and order "half an Italian with everything". Jules will vouch for them. You can thank me later.

Yes, it's contagious, now I am hungry too, and it's a long drive from here.

Im

I'm a South Baldwin native. I now live near the big lake way up north. When I first moved here, I couldn't believe what I was seeing on menus. WTF is a "Combo Sub". What I have found is that it is a poor attempt at an Italian Hoagie. If I make it back to visit friends and family, Danny's or Frisch's in Caste Village is a must stop for a real ITALIAN HOAGIE.

(Washington County)

They truly are a new level of subs.

(Allegheny County)

Hey guys, I'm Josh Rowe one of the owners of AA&GW. I'm rarely on this site but a friend told me to drop by and check out this thread. First of all, thanks to those of you that have stopped in since we opened 17 Jan and again to those of you who have left us feedback here. Any input you all give us is welcome and appreciated and will certainty be taken under advisement.

As far as the location/address issue, we will consider adding the address to the home page specifically but there are currently 4 direct links to the "Contact Us" page on the landing page already.

As to any questions there might be about ownership here I can assure you 100% that we have ZERO to do with Anthony Arms. Both I and my partner Bruce had previously worked there in various capacities but decided to part ways with them last summer and go into business for ourselves. We do have some friends that also worked there in the past that do hang out here periodically but as of now Bruce and I are the only employees carried over from AA. As a matter of fact, the balance of our new crew are all relatively recent USAF & USMC vets.

We recognize that there is a lot of strong opinion both ways concerning our previous employer and all I can say is that we hope to take as many of the positives away from our time there and leave whatever negatives at the door. We're looking to establish a new paradigm in the area for not only the look and general atmosphere of a gun store but also the attitude we approach the industry. We just came off of a great weekend hosting Smith & Wesson Days. A LOT of satisfied customers came out of that event and we look forward to maintaining that momentum well into the future.

I/we really look forward to serving the Bethel Park community and greater South Hills in general for many years to come and hope to see you all come by!
    USAF / NRA / F&AM 517

(Allegheny County)

What no NAVY VETS?

Hope you carry reloading supplies soon.

Good luck on the new store.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlafftablett View Post
    Hey guys, I'm Josh Rowe one of the owners of AA&GW. I'm rarely on this site but a friend told me to drop by and check out this thread. First of all, thanks to those of you that have stopped in since we opened 17 Jan and again to those of you who have left us feedback here. Any input you all give us is welcome and appreciated and will certainty be taken under advisement.

As far as the location/address issue, we will consider adding the address to the home page specifically but there are currently 4 direct links to the "Contact Us" page on the landing page already.

As to any questions there might be about ownership here I can assure you 100% that we have ZERO to do with Anthony Arms. Both I and my partner Bruce had previously worked there in various capacities but decided to part ways with them last summer and go into business for ourselves. We do have some friends that also worked there in the past that do hang out here periodically but as of now Bruce and I are the only employees carried over from AA. As a matter of fact, the balance of our new crew are all relatively recent USAF & USMC vets.

We recognize that there is a lot of strong opinion both ways concerning our previous employer and all I can say is that we hope to take as many of the positives away from our time there and leave whatever negatives at the door. We're looking to establish a new paradigm in the area for not only the look and general atmosphere of a gun store but also the attitude we approach the industry. We just came off of a great weekend hosting Smith & Wesson Days. A LOT of satisfied customers came out of that event and we look forward to maintaining that momentum well into the future.

I/we really look forward to serving the Bethel Park community and greater South Hills in general for many years to come and hope to see you all come by!
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(Allegheny County)

My DIL bought a pristine glock 34 there. Fantastic trigger. That girl can shoot.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by DukeConnor View Post
    My DIL bought a pristine glock 34 there. Fantastic trigger. That girl can shoot.
    Alyssa right? I sold that to her! She and your son are a super nice couple and I'm really glad shes happy with it although I knew she would be!
    USAF / NRA / F&AM 517

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast