Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Morgantown Gun Show January 14th, & 15th 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Ramtuff View Post
    I went yesterday. I live right outside of Morgantown, so it's only a 5 minute drive there for me. First, it's nice to see the old MOM mall being put to use again.
    I'd be interested in the history of that mall. When I walk into a place like that, I think of all the hopes and dreams of those who opened stores when it was first built. A big mall near us (the Granite Run Mall near Media) was recently torn down.

i remember the granite run mall... spent many hours in that arcade room.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by mountaineer1673 View Post
    i remember the granite run mall... spent many hours in that arcade room.
    I grew up in West Chester... if you're my age you might have seen me there playing Asteroids.

WC as well - not very far from the Goshen Fire Dept. i was more into space fuery.... small world.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by mountaineer1673 View Post
    WC as well - not very far from the Goshen Fire Dept. i was more into space fuery.... small world.
    One year, the Goshen FC fair had a ride called "The Tempest". I think I threw up after I got off of it.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe from Media View Post
    I'd be interested in the history of that mall. When I walk into a place like that, I think of all the hopes and dreams of those who opened stores when it was first built. A big mall near us (the Granite Run Mall near Media) was recently torn down.
    It's called the MOM Mall; MOM standing for Manufacturer's Outlet Mall. It originally opened in the mid-80's, and was a mix of some larger name brand outlets such at Hane's/Legg's Undergarments, and also smaller mom & pop stores, such as a comic book shop and a fantastic indie record store. I used to save up my chore money and spend it all in those two stores! The idea was, with the turnpike entrance right there, traffic would flood to town there would be a big boom of business. It never came to fruition though. To this day, the town struggles to make a name for itself and really draw in outside business. I'm ok with that, but most of the newer transplants from the city/burbs would like to turn it into the next Exton. Anyway, I believe the original mall completely shut down by the late 90's/early 2000's. It sat vacant for a while before being turned into a furniture outlet, and they would actually bus people in to visit. The furnishing outlet closed back in 2011, and it's been vacant until recently. The mall's ownership changed hands several months ago, and it seems like the new owners actually have plans for it, which is great. The classic car storage is a great idea, and it's cool to see alternative uses, like the gun show, being explored as well. But the short of the long is, the mall was just one of those small town big ideas that someone took a huge gamble on and failed. It never had the success or presence that your typical mall (Exton, Granite Run, etc) has.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234