Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Question taming a Makrove

I like them due to their reliability and and size. The only thing I don't like is they kick like a mule. Would different grips help out, and if so, who's would you recommend ?

(Northumberland County)

Default Re: taming a Makrove

a makarov is 9x18 how can that kick? are you referring to a Tokarev , now that thing kicks like a mule but a Makarov???? kicks less then a 9mm...

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by joeyj View Post
    I like them due to their reliability and and size. The only thing I don't like is they kick like a mule. Would different grips help out, and if so, who's would you recommend ?
    If you refer to THE Makarov, or Pistolet Makarova (PM), in 9x18 and not another small pistol that is chambered in the same cartridge and erroneously referred to as a "Makarov," and it has the issue "red star" grip that you find it uncomfortable, do a Google search or Gun Broker search on "Pearce Grip Makarov." AFAIK, Pearce no longer makes them, but they turn up in the secondary market. They are more hand-filling, and made from a cushiony rubber compound not unlike that of a Hogue rubber grip.

Found one: http://www.jgsales.com/mobile/pearce...new.-p-23.html

If you have a FEG PA63, SMC-918, R61, RK59, or a Polish P64 or P83, wear deerskin shooting gloves.

Noah
    Last edited by Noah_Zark; January 4th, 2017 at 07:37 PM.
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

I believe wolf makes an extra power recoil spring which may help you with felt recoil