Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: LCP vs CW380

Default LCP vs CW380

I do not have experience with the Ruger LCP. Anyone who does or who owns one, how are they working? Any issues with reliability? Any problems with certain ammo? Any break in period needed? Anyone who has experience with both, how does the LCP compare to the Kahr CW380 with ammo and reliability?
    Last edited by Blue92; January 2nd, 2017 at 12:27 PM.

Default Re: LCP vs CW380

Quote Originally Posted by Blue92 View Post
    I do not have experience with the Ruger LCP. Anyone who does or who owns one, how are they working? Any issues with reliability? Any problems with certain ammo? Any break in period needed? Anyone who has experience with both, how does the LCP compare to the Kahr CW380 with ammo and reliability?
    I own 4 ruger lcps 2 are the customs. Also own a kahr p380.The kahr had some problems and I had to send it back to kahr.Even after getting it back from kahr it has not been 100% reliable. I have not giving up on the kahr. But I keep it in my safe and carry one of the lcp's .Never had a single problem with any of them.

(Franklin County)

I've got a gen1 LCP that has been 100% reliable from day one. The LCP lacks some desirable things some other pocket 380s have such as second strike, slide lock, decent sights, good trigger, but the reason I keep mine is because I trust it. I have had mine for 5 years (hundreds of rounds) and I have literally had zero function issues with a variety of ammo. I've limp wristed it, I've shot it weak hand, I've shot it up-side down trying to get it to malfunction and it just won't.
    The Hostler

(Delaware County)

I have an Lcp gen 1. I have a couple hundred rounds through it. That is not enough to call it reliable but it has never had any type of malfunction.

I do not have a problem with the recoil, I am not someone who is recoil proof but this gun just seems to be designed for me to shoot well. I know many others who say it recoils very sharply. As a caveat I do not shoot anything very hot, just ball ammo at average velocities.

It conceals well in my pocket and does not weigh my pants down. I do lose that pocket for anything else though.

I have never been slide bit but I know others who have. I learned how to shoot center fire handguns on a revolver so that may help. I hold the pistol with the bore slightly higher than others.

The gun is easy to take apart and clean.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Blue92 View Post
    LCP II owner here, and loving it so far. Improves on everything the LCP didn't have: slide locks back, better sights, better grip, excellent trigger. Reliability is perfect so far with various target and defensive ammo.

(Lancaster County)

I have two LCP pistols. Both have been 100% reliable. I once owned a Kahr- it was a CM9. It jammed frequently and it lost my trust. The LCP is just a good, reliable, cheap pistol.

(Susquehanna County)

I purchased one a few years ago and I loved mine! The only reason I sold mine was because I wanted to buy a S&W M&P 9mm. No regrets with my decision, but my LCP shot flawlessly! If money was not a factor, I would still have one. I have also purchased other 380 pocket pistols(S&W M&P Bodyguard, and Taurus 380) and the LCP shot better than the competitors. I had no issues with reliability and it shot any ammo I put through it. I didn't notice any break in period, as it shot great from the first shot to the last!
    I have no experience with the Kahr CW380 with ammo and reliability?

God Bless, Isaac

Love my LCP. Also reliable and I've done a little modifying to it to make it a smoother shot.

The LCP2 looks great but if you want the original model, go for an LCP Custom...the trigger and sites are worth the extra $20-40.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Just purchase an LCP 2 and don't look back.

Didn't really care for the LCP trigger. I had a CW9 and it was 100% reliable while I owned it. Extremely accurate too