Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Northumberland County)

Default Re: New Revolvers for 2017

GP100 is pretty hefty to carry, weighs almost as much as a full sized 1911, SP-101 is a little bit lighter but not by much.

where on gods green earth can you find .44 special boolits? i have never seen any on any shelves in any LGS or walmart in the last 10 years? now thats really stupid making a gun in a dead caliber.

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by TXDMERC73 View Post
    GP100 is pretty hefty to carry, weighs almost as much as a full sized 1911, SP-101 is a little bit lighter but not by much.

where on gods green earth can you find .44 special boolits? i have never seen any on any shelves in any LGS or walmart in the last 10 years? now thats really stupid making a gun in a dead caliber.
    Try shopping in stores that don't exist under a rock.

You won't find them in box stores. Mostly gun shops and of course, online. I love the 44 spl. Less recoil equals better accuracy but still very deadly. I would like to see the 44 spl make a comeback.
    Engineers make things idiot proof! Evolution makes better idiots!

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by TXDMERC73 View Post

Well, I have carried a full size 1911 quite a bit as well. With a good holster/belt combo it's quite doable and you don't really notice the extra weight.

As far as ammo, I know two of the lgs around here carry .44 special. Not usually a lot of choices, but they have it. Wal-Mart doesn't stock it that I've ever seen. Where it really shines is if you reload. Brass is readily available online and you can use the same bullets as the mag.

(Indiana County)

.44 Special, kicking the shit out of the .45acp for many many years...

Regardless of what the expert manly men claim, the .44 Special is pretty much the definition of the he self-defense round.

I have a few .44spec revolvers but I think I'll look into the Ruger.

(Indiana County)

Why not .44 mag?

A more compact frame size, shorter cylinder, lighter weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Why isn't it 44mag?
    The cylinder walls get too thin to handle the pressure of normal .44mag loads when based off a small frame revolver like the GP100. The .44 special operates at a lot lower pressures so the cylinder doesn't need as much meat. If you take a look at some of the pictures of the cylinder you will see how thin it is even with only 5 holes. For revolvers I prefer at least a 4" barrel myself.

(Allegheny County)

colt cobra, nice idea to reintroduce and likely would lead to other colts making a comeback. I am not really high on the looks of the thing as colt to me means high polished blue finish but then again it would probably cost $1500 then...anyway nice start and lets hope to see some pythons or something too.
    The kimber revolver looks interesting - anyone see one yet?
    To me the most interesting rugers out there right now are the 45colt/acp redhawk, the 454 sbh, the 327mag single 7 and the 44 mag birdshead vaquero...hard to argue with a ruger revolver.
    my favorite revolvers to shoot however remain my old colt frontier scout and manurhin mr73.

(Susquehanna County)

This new Ruger sounds like it might become a replacement for a Rossi M720 of mine. Same caliber, same barrel length, same cartridge capacity. BUT! I'll bet the Ruger to be a more "capable" revolver!

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Philadelphia County)

MSRP on the new Cobra is $699. Supposedly there will be a blued variant.

Quote Originally Posted by IrocGuns View Post
    colt cobra, nice idea to reintroduce and likely would lead to other colts making a comeback. I am not really high on the looks of the thing as colt to me means high polished blue finish but then again it would probably cost $1500 then...anyway nice start and lets hope to see some pythons or something too.
    The kimber revolver looks interesting - anyone see one yet?
    To me the most interesting rugers out there right now are the 45colt/acp redhawk, the 454 sbh, the 327mag single 7 and the 44 mag birdshead vaquero...hard to argue with a ruger revolver.
    my favorite revolvers to shoot however remain my old colt frontier scout and manurhin mr73.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast