Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Fal. Ds Arms

Default Fal. Ds Arms

I'm trying to put a rail section on the handguards though the vent hole. I bought a rail section from DSA and they say it will work. I for the life of me can't figure it out. Any ideas.
    The part I got from the DSA website is 021ACCRAIL.

(Elk County)

Default Re: Fal. Ds Arms

The slotted rail lines up on the outside of either the left or right handguard.

You need to remove the handguards from the rifle by removing the screw at the front of the handguards through the gas block.

Line up the slotted rail with the gas vent holes in the handguard, insert the short socket head screws through the slotted rails and through the HG vent slots and into the flat nuts placed on the inside of the HG slots. Tighten. Reinstall the HGs on the rifle.

If your railed device (light, optic, etc) needs additional clearance and hits the HGs when your try to install it on the rail, place the spacer under the slotted rail and use the longer socket head screws to secure both slotted rail and spacer. The spacer "stands off" the slotted rail to allow clearance of the device below the rail.

HTH, it's pretty simple.

Noah
    Last edited by Noah_Zark; December 31st, 2016 at 09:05 PM.
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

Fair enough. I have them on the side. How do you put it on the bottom vent holes on the handguard

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by vostok8781 View Post
    Fair enough. I have them on the side. How do you put it on the bottom vent holes on the handguard
    From DS Arms website page for the rail accesory:

10 slot,alloy, 4" long rail section mounts to bottom of long or short metric plastic handguards with provided adapter and 1/2" long cap screws.

With the HGs off the rifle, the long spacer thing probably goes on the inside of the HGs, with the flat nuts in its slots, and the slotted rail on the outside of ONE of the HG halves, everything assembled loosely, so that the HG halves can be assembled back on the rifle, with the other HG half being able to slip between the slotted rail and the long spacer. Once the HG halves are reinstalled on the rifle, then tighten the socket head capscrews to tighten the rail to the HG halves.

It's my impression that the slotted spacer's curved side goes toward the barrel, but you may have to try it both ways.

HTH,

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

I'll give it a shot . thanks