Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Beaver County)

Default P229 Legion Series 9mm

I am absolutely in love with this firearm. I have had a few spots of the finish start showing some wear but, as much as I hate that, it shoots so god darned well! The trigger is, so sweeeet.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: P229 Legion Series 9mm

I have one also and it is a great firearm. There was a short run of them that seemed to have some finish issues. Some people were saying you could just run a light coat of oil over it and the blotches went away. If you have chipping, you may want to contact Sig customer service to see if they might take it back for repairs. They may want to see photos first, and there is no guarantee. Depends on what they see. Mine, I think was one of the first run when they were released and I have not seen finish problems yet. The Legion P226, a bit bigger is about as good. The P220 Legion in .45 should be out this Spring.

For those who want something a little thinner and do not have a problem with an 8 round single stack, their P225-A1 is about 90% as good as the Legion. Very similar and being thinner, a bit more comfortable in some hands. I am not an expert but was shooting 1 inch groupings with Sig Elite JHP rounds earlier this week at 10 yards.

(Beaver County)

Thank you! I love this pistol. First 500 rounds gone, I have curtailed the slide rail finish wear, for now. Gun oil just wasn't enough, I stepped up to pro shot gold grease, and it seems to be doing a much better job. I EDC in a blackpoint tactical leather wing, and using a 5.11 Operators belt. Pretty happy with my setup. It is heavy, but, I like it. I plan on getting and trying a Galco small of back holster to try, despite the dangers of SOB carry, yes I know:... I was looking into a slimmer sig, for EDC and leave the Legion 229 as a bedside piece, and range goddess.

(Allegheny County)

I would love to see rundown of the p226 legion vs the similarly priced wilson beretta...

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by vetman03 View Post
    stack, their P225-A1 is about 90% as good as the Legion.
    Yes and no.
    Is P225 great firearm? Yes it is.
    Is it thin and comfortable to shoot? Sure it is.
    Is it 90% of any Legion? NO.

I was just messing with P226 Legion SAO and P229 Region DA/SA, and trigger on those P229 Legion is ... Something else.
    Light DA pull, and Oh them super short reset! P225 do no come anywhere near that trigger.
    (I do wish tho that they use standard SRT trigger then the one that's on the P229 Legion).
    I myself prefer SAO on P226 Legion

Plus some of us remembers back when P225(or even when german police surplus Sig P6 flooded the market for one as low as $299) was not expensive weapon.
    The new P225 may be nice gun, but its not $1000 gun IMO
    Audemus jura nostra defendere