Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Cumberland County)

Default Anyone a member at Enola Sportsman Association?

Im looking to join Enola Sportsman but i dont know anyone thats a member. Would anyone be willing to sign me in? Thanks. Ryan

(York County)

Default Re: Anyone a member at Enola Sportsman Association?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryancanon View Post
    Im looking to join Enola Sportsman but i dont know anyone thats a member. Would anyone be willing to sign me in? Thanks. Ryan
    Sorry, can't help you there: Given that shooting is one of the main things my wife and I do together, I simply can't join a 'women can't be members' club. Their club, their rules, I respect that. OTOH my wife, my choice...

I'd be happy to 'guest pass' you to visit/try the club I do belong to: Harrisburg Hunter's & Anglers, which I think has the best facilities in the area anyway - if 15 mins. further drive would be acceptable to you. PM me if interested.
    DGAF

(Cumberland County)

I understand your feelings about the women as members part. But from my understanding is that women can be auxiliary members. I believe that means my wife could shoot with me. Thats the only time she ever shoots anyway. Im not sure how the rules are when it comes to guests. Ive tried emailing them 3 times and still have not received a response. I would be very open to your offer about Harrisburg Hunters and Anglers. I'll check out their site and see what they have to offer. Thanks. Ryan

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by KCJones View Post
    Sorry, can't help you there: Given that shooting is one of the main things my wife and I do together, I simply can't join a 'women can't be members' club. Their club, their rules, I respect that. OTOH my wife, my choice...

I'd be happy to 'guest pass' you to visit/try the club I do belong to: Harrisburg Hunter's & Anglers, which I think has the best facilities in the area anyway - if 15 mins. further drive would be acceptable to you. PM me if interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryancanon View Post
    I understand your feelings about the women as members part. But from my understanding is that women can be auxiliary members. I believe that means my wife could shoot with me. Thats the only time she ever shoots anyway. Im not sure how the rules are when it comes to guests. Ive tried emailing them 3 times and still have not received a response. I would be very open to your offer about Harrisburg Hunters and Anglers. I'll check out their site and see what they have to offer. Thanks. Ryan
    KCJones I do not know where you got your info from. Ryancanon is correct.

I don't know if this thread is still active, but to set the record straight, here are many women members at ESA, as a matter of fact it is easier for a women to join than a man. They only allow so many members, and you have to wait until another member drops out to get in. There are fewer women members, so they can join right away. I had to wait for 3 years to get in.

(Cumberland County)

I've always wondered about Enola too. Close to me and would be much more convenient than HH&A. I've been a member of HH&A for many years, but not the same as it use to be so not worth the drive and I would like to shoot more. I've always heard besides the standard practice of having to be nominated by someone, there is usually a long wait to get in at Enola .

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by TreeBeard13 View Post
    KCJones I do not know where you got your info from. Ryancanon is correct.

I don't know if this thread is still active, but to set the record straight, here are many women members at ESA, as a matter of fact it is easier for a women to join than a man. They only allow so many members, and you have to wait until another member drops out to get in. There are fewer women members, so they can join right away. I had to wait for 3 years to get in.
    Last time I looked (admittedly some months ago) women could only be 'auxiliary' members. I believe it was their website and/or facebook page that stated so.

So as an 'auxiliary' member, can my wife go there and shoot on her own or does she have to be with me? Or are you saying women can be full members in their own right...
    DGAF

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    I've always wondered about Enola too. Close to me and would be much more convenient than HH&A. I've been a member of HH&A for many years, but not the same as it use to be so not worth the drive and I would like to shoot more. I've always heard besides the standard practice of having to be nominated by someone, there is usually a long wait to get in at Enola .
    Curious how 'not the same as it used to be'... I've only been a member for a year or so, so wouldn't know...
    DGAF

(Cumberland County)

I'll pm you