Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Default Re: Eight of Nine or Five of 357 (harder to decide than you might think)

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppy View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00UF...alment+holster

I spent some time considering the concealment express holster for my j frame. Fairly small and has some can't adjustment. You could buy this, then go to Michaels and get some this suede and contact cement it to the holster. Should be similar to mine which I consider very comfortable and easy.
    I bought a Concealment Express from Amazon for my Glock 43. It's so comfortable and convenient, I haven't for a second considered switching back to my G19 in the Crossbreed Supertuck.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Eight of Nine or Five of 357 (harder to decide than you might think)

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    You just have to ask yourself: does the .357 have more value out of the snub nose J frame than the 9MM out of the LC9s? I think the felt recoil alone could be the determining factor.
    The 135gr Hornday Critical Duty does have more felt recoil than Remington 124gr +P. I don't know if it is my determining factor though. The LC9s is a bit snappy too, probably due to the high bore axis and most of the weight being up top in the slide area.

(Delaware County)

I think I know how people end up with more than one carry gun and holster. All the options seem to point to what should be a rather obvious fact. That is, there is no perfect all season every day carry. I'm really glad I don't live in Fallujah because I don't own an M4. The closest I have to that is an AR-15 build that I did which has a 16" barrel with 1:9 twist, not chrome lined, plus there is no select fire option.

I don't think I can conceal carry that without drawing some attention.

Easy answer. 9mm. Get good ammo, do your part, and you have less recoil, and more shots for cover fire or more bad guys should you need either. It's a no brainer. Now, if you said I have 1-2 shots....give me the .357 with good ammo, the rest is moot point.

West Side of river from Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
    (Luzerne County)

This is why I went with a Glock 33. 357 Magnum ballistics and larger capacity that a magnum revolver.

Then I fell in love with a Performance Center 327 but never got one. Settled on a .45 Sig 1911 C3 for daily carry because its pretty!

If I'm going deep into a bad area, I'll carry one of my Glocks in 357Sig...... Sometimes two of them.

If I can start over with todays ammo, I would probably settle on 9mm.
    With great power comes great responsibility....

West Side of river from Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
    (Luzerne County)

Just moving my post count away from 666 with this one.
    With great power comes great responsibility....

haha yep, thats right, Satan gets NO glory!

Isaiah 14:16

13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: 14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. 15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit. 16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms; 17 That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners? 18 All the kings of the nations, even all of them, lie in glory, every one in his own house. 19 But thou art cast out of thy grave like an abominable branch, and as the raiment of those that are slain, thrust through with a sword, that go down to the stones of the pit; as a carcase trodden under feet.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    There is your answer. I prefer 9MM, but would not carry a gun that malfunctioned, even once in a blue moon. Murphy, and all.
    ayup.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by forby View Post
    If I'm going deep into a bad area, I'll carry one of my Glocks in 357Sig...... Sometimes two of them.
    If I had to go into such an area, I think an AR-15 with four additional people would be more appropriate

I'll get some of that body armor stuff too.

Quote Originally Posted by Fudmottin View Post
    If I had to go into such an area, I think an AR-15 with four additional people would be more appropriate

I'll get some of that body armor stuff too.
    Only 4? You gotta roll deep man!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast