Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Social Security Administration's New Regulations to Take Your Guns

Now the Social Security Administration is coming after your guns - https://blog.princelaw.com/2016/12/2...s-act-of-2007/
    Joshua Prince, Esq. - Firearms Industry Consulting Group - www.PaFirearmsLawyer.com

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Social Security Administration's New Regulations to Take Your Guns

This .Gov gets more Odespicable by the day
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Franklin County)

I think I'll ask for my money back.
    The Hostler

"We are not reporting information in records based solely on a medical finding of disability without the person being adjudicated as subject to the Federal mental health prohibitor “consistent with 18 U.S.C. 922(g)(4).” The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) has clarified through regulations that this prohibition covers individuals who have been determined by a court, board, commission or other lawful authority as a result of marked subnormal intelligence, or mental illness, incompetency, condition or disease to be a danger to himself or to others, or who lacks the mental capacity to contract or manage his or her own affairs."

If someone demands a monthly check from Social Security based on his own claim that he has a mental impairment, nobody should be surprised that the government will consider him to have a mental impairment.

There are enough anti-gun movements out there that we don't need to make any up.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Berks County)

Slippery slope. They didn't do this before. They are doing it now because they failed to ban guns the last 8 years. Recognize assaults for what they are. Fight for the indefensible as they are defensable when you try. Bullies go for the weak just like any other predator.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Slippery slope. They didn't do this before. They are doing it now because they failed to ban guns the last 8 years. Recognize assaults for what they are. Fight for the indefensible as they are defensable when you try. Bullies go for the weak just like any other predator.
    Learn to recognize hype for what it is.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    I think I'll ask for my money back.
    really? I'm ready to demand mine as well.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by SigForLife View Post
    Now the Social Security Administration is coming after your guns - https://blog.princelaw.com/2016/12/2...s-act-of-2007/
    You got me to click. I read the five criteria for being reported to NICS very carefully. Care to explain why you chose to write an incindiary title rather than discuss the criteria and it's repercussions?

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    "We are not reporting information in records based solely on a medical finding of disability without the person being adjudicated as subject to the Federal mental health prohibitor “consistent with 18 U.S.C. 922(g)(4).” The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) has clarified through regulations that this prohibition covers individuals who have been determined by a court, board, commission or other lawful authority as a result of marked subnormal intelligence, or mental illness, incompetency, condition or disease to be a danger to himself or to others, or who lacks the mental capacity to contract or manage his or her own affairs."

If someone demands a monthly check from Social Security based on his own claim that he has a mental impairment, nobody should be surprised that the government will consider him to have a mental impairment.

There are enough anti-gun movements out there that we don't need to make any up.
    My Father became physically frail in his final days. While his mind was sharp to the day of his death, he gave me a power of attorney simply because of the burden imposed by trying to run his affairs from the nursing home. The above concerns me in that I can easily envision the government using that POA as evidence that he lacked the mental faculties to run his own affairs. We shouldn't have to hire lawyers to protect ourselves from bureaucrats.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post
    My Father became physically frail in his final days. While his mind was sharp to the day of his death, he gave me a power of attorney simply because of the burden imposed by trying to run his affairs from the nursing home. The above concerns me in that I can easily envision the government using that POA as evidence that he lacked the mental faculties to run his own affairs. We shouldn't have to hire lawyers to protect ourselves from bureaucrats.
    Read the five criteria

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast