Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Default Re: Sig Sauer MCX Recall.

Lots of arfcommers reporting quick turn arounds once they actually received the boxes and shipped the guns. So far, after market triggers being replaced by SSAs! Looks like after some initial debacles, SIG is following through, including the $50 gift card.

Looks like it's time to pack mine up and send it in.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

Sent mine in about 2 weeks ago, just received shipping notice, should be here Tuesday.

Received with SSA installed and ALG in a bag.

Despite a rocky start, I'm pretty happy with the handling of this. Long term happiness will be determined by parts availability now that it's all proprietary now.

Quote Originally Posted by mountaineer1673 View Post
    unfortunately, i agree w/ you about the contract and not giving two fucks about civilian long guns.

i finally received the rifle box today... sending back and hoping for the best. me thinks i'll be w/o my .300 for quite some time.

finally received it back today... after numerous lies from SIG, it's finally nice to have the rifle back in action.

Quote Originally Posted by mountaineer1673 View Post
    finally received it back today... after numerous lies from SIG, it's finally nice to have the rifle back in action.
    Wow I sent mine in well after you, and received it back well before you. What happened? Any ideas?

no clue- it was frustrating to say the least...

(Columbia County)

I bought a MCX in 556 when they first came out and the 300 blackout conversion kit came with the rifle. It was the version that did not have the manual gas adjustment. It was subjected to the recall.

Here’s my SIG MCX timeline:

Sent it in in Feb 2017 it got there on Feb 20th.

I called Sig on Mar 20 ask asked about the status. I was told that they were waiting on parts.

On Mar 23 I got an email from Sig containing a survey namely about how well the customer rep answered my question. The email also contained an area where one could make comments about Sig Company in general. I explained that I was disappointed in the wait for the MCX, and I also took the opportunity to explain that I was not happy about their marketing of the 556 xi namely their way of advertising it as a modular rifle, but no modular parts are ever marketed and now the rifle is facing extinction.
    On Mar 25 at 1235 AM (yeah it was a Saturday) I got an email saying that it’s shipped out.

Mar 28 I receive it. I noted that they replace my ALG trigger with a Geissele. The ALG was returned with the rifle. Also note that when changing calibers the operating rod no longer has to be changed along with the barrel. The same bolt group is used for 556 and .300 blkout which makes things easier.

I took it to the range today and fired it only in 300 blackout. It appears to work well.

Overall despite some of the horror stories I read on the SIG Talk website about returned rifles, mine seems to function. I got a free trigger out of it and it is a major improvement over the original trigger. As I ready mentioned unlike the original version changing calibers only requires changing barrels. I also received the $50 gift card.

I don’t know if it was only a coincidence that the rifle was shipped out right after my email was sent, or if my email caused my rifle to be repaired quicker. If that is true than at least it shows that they actually read customer survey emails.

In any event the next time out I try .556 and see how that works.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345