Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Sig Sauer MCX Recall.

Just received an email about a mandatory MCX Carriage Assembly Replacement Program.

Register. They send you box. Ship back your assembly. They send you the Gen 2 carriage assembly.

SIG SAUER - MCX Mandatory Carriage Assembly Replacement Program

SIG SAUER is conducting a mandatory replacement of the carriage assembly in SIG MCX rifles. SIG has found through extensive factory testing that in extremely rare instances, not reported in the field and extremely difficult to replicate, a condition may exist causing an unintended discharge. Failure to follow the loading procedures and basic rules of safe firearms handling outlined in the user’s manual has the potential to cause serious bodily harm or death. Although this has only been witnessed in 300 blackout, SIG has decided to upgrade all MCX models since the MCX is a modular platform and we want to ensure the quality and reliability of all products we manufacture.

Stop use of firearm immediately, and visit the SIG SAUER website listed below as soon as possible to register your firearm, initiate the process and view a video explaining how to change out your carriage assembly. SIG will send you a prepaid box to return your complete carriage assembly to the factory. A new assembly, designed with the firing pin locking mechanism, will be shipped out to you within 5-7 working days of the receipt of your parts at no cost to you. Please note total in transit times will vary based on geographic locations. SIG will also send you a $50 gift voucher for any inconvenience this may have caused. This upgraded carriage assembly addresses this potential issue while enhancing the performance and longevity of your rifle. You may also contact SIG SAUER customer service at the number below with any questions if needed.

SIG SAUER is committed to addressing this issue in an expedited manner, and appreciates your support.

Firearm Registration - https://www.sigsauer.com/support/war...-registration/

For Customer Service - 603-610-3000: Option 2

For Instructional Video - https://www.sigsauer.com/press-relea...cement-program

*Serial numbers 63C000044 – 63C003702 – Contact SIG Customer Service for instructions.

*If you have replaced your trigger group with an aftermarket trigger please contact SIG Customer Service for instructions.

*SIG SAUER Dealers should call designated Commercial Sales Support Representative.

*Any MCX rifle with a serial number ending in 25000 or higher is exempt from this program
    A Republic, if you can keep it.

Default Re: Sig Sauer MCX Recall.

Thanks for the heads up. "If you have replaced your trigger group with an aftermarket trigger...," Why would I tell them that, so they can deny the recall?
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

I see they pinned the spring plate on the new one..., that should help your nutnfancy's of the world prevent from grenading their MCXs due to improper assembly.

People on ARFCOM are reporting things like;

"Ok, so I just got off the phone with them. I have a Larue MBT in mine as well. He said he'll be sending me a box to send my entire rifle back in. He also said they'll be installing a Gessiele SSA trigger that's designed to work with the new assembly for free, and they'll send my MBT back in the box with the rifle so I can install it on another M4. His words, exactly. So, now I just wait for my box to show up and ship the rifle back."

I guess I'll tell them that I have the ALG ACT and see what they say.

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. "If you have replaced your trigger group with an aftermarket trigger...," Why would I tell them that, so they can deny the recall?

That was my also my question.

Just got off phone. They will be replacing my ALG ACT with the Geissele SSA as mentioned above, plus a 50 gift card. They're sending a box with rifle cutouts and a fedex label on it. They'll also return my ALG ACT.

He said that most after market triggers will not work with the new carrier assembly until the trigger manufacturers make one specifically designed for the MCX (if/when). But Geissele has one. He also mentioned that they may be able to get my ALG ACT to work since it is a spin off of Geissele, which would be OK with me because I love the trigger.

All in all, good on Sig for stepping up big on this. I waiting on hold for 20 minutes but was on the phone with the guy for less than 3 minutes.

I really like the redesigned carrier as well, it is eliminating weak points.

(Tioga County)

I guess Mynutsarefancy was right after all.

(Bucks County)

Thanks for the heads-up. I have an MCX and looks like I'll be contacting them as well about this.

I have a Colt hammer/trigger assembly in mine; I decided to put my Geissele SSA in the 6940 and the Colt group on the MCX. That stock Sig trigger is just so absolutely horrible. I wonder if they'll hook me up too.

Quote Originally Posted by Warhogg View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up. I have an MCX and looks like I'll be contacting them as well about this.

I have a Colt hammer/trigger assembly in mine; I decided to put my Geissele SSA in the 6940 and the Colt group on the MCX. That stock Sig trigger is just so absolutely horrible. I wonder if they'll hook me up too.
    From the way the guy sounded that I spoke to, yes. They're eating it on this.

they updated their email... when calling, its option 1

Customer Service - 603-610-3000: Option 1

i have a geiselle stage 2 trigger and they are sending me a box for the full rifle. told me that they will fix the trigger issue as well as the assembly.

i'll update this hread when i get it returned- 72 hours for the box to be received.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast