Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: MWAG in walmart

(Pike County)

Default MWAG in walmart

Earlier todays, right after Oaks had to swing by Walmart, together with my father and daughter. It was warm enough for me to lose the jacket, revealing the "secret poofah handshake" orange tee, and P85 in nice leather holster.

Following traditional OC walmart pattern we ended up in toys and while my daughter was picking some blind bags with overpriced chinese crap, that worth pennies, a walmart employee kind of ran into me. A young and cute black female associate looked at me and kind of sighted, smiling
    - ah, it's you
    - eeeeh.. huh?
    - several customers approached me and reported a man in orange t shirt carrying a gun (said with smile and very breezy)
    - yeah, I guess it was me
    - yes I guess you are LEO or have a permit to do that, or something (and her tone is not demanding in any way, but kind of curious)
    - well, PA is an open carry state, meaning a law abiding person can open carry without license with certain restrictions, and walmart's corporate policies are recognizing the state laws. I have a license, just in case, but its not even required in present situation.
    - cool, and how yould do you have to be to get license? Is it hard to get it?

So I used this opportunity to educate this young lady on concept of carry laws and LTCF process. She appeared to be very greatful and it was overall pretty darn good encounter.
    Je suis déplorable

(York County)

Default Re: MWAG in walmart

Quote Originally Posted by Metz View Post
    Earlier todays, right after Oaks had to swing by Walmart, together with my father and daughter. It was warm enough for me to lose the jacket, revealing the "secret poofah handshake" orange tee, and P85 in nice leather holster.

Following traditional OC walmart pattern we ended up in toys and while my daughter was picking some blind bags with overpriced chinese crap, that worth pennies, a walmart employee kind of ran into me. A young and cute black female associate looked at me and kind of sighted, smiling
    - ah, it's you
    - eeeeh.. huh?
    - several customers approached me and reported a man in orange t shirt carrying a gun (said with smile and very breezy)
    - yeah, I guess it was me
    - yes I guess you are LEO or have a permit to do that, or something (and her tone is not demanding in any way, but kind of curious)
    - well, PA is an open carry state, meaning a law abiding person can open carry without license with certain restrictions, and walmart's corporate policies are recognizing the state laws. I have a license, just in case, but its not even required in present situation.
    - cool, and how yould do you have to be to get license? Is it hard to get it?

So I used this opportunity to educate this young lady on concept of carry laws and LTCF process. She appeared to be very greatful and it was overall pretty darn good encounter.
    Nice story, happy ending!

Despite the fact I have some issues with Wally-World (from customer service to labor practices), the lack of "no guns" signs on the door and generally OC-friendly policy is a major reason I continue to patronize.
    DGAF

(Northumberland County)

a Ruger P85? i never seen one? is that a .45

(Philadelphia County)

I think 9mm and the P90 is in .45.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    I think 9mm and the P90 is in .45.
    That is correct! The P85 was Rugers offering of a new service pustol back when the 1911 was dropped if I recall correctly. Built like a tank, works well, not especially beautiful.

Did ya get her Number? Good going on the education!
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

More often than not over the years experienced same scenarios and positive response when I informed the questioner about legality,rights and their own personal choices ! Almost always 95% of the time it turned out very positive for the information recieved ! You did good with your encounter,But what the hell is the secret pafoa handshake ? have not run iton that year after many years posting,heard of it but not experienced it yet ! MDT

West Side of river from Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
    (Luzerne County)

This crap has got to stop.....

First the millennials! What's next? Democrats accepting Trump as our President!!!
    With great power comes great responsibility....

(Tioga County)

Good encounter.

I have similar dealings in the past where i was abke to educate.
    MikeP

(York County)

Nicely done, thank you for being a positive influence on those that may still sit on the fence!

As the 20+ year owner of a P89DC (9mm), and a general connoisseur of the older P series, I'm not sure I've ever seen a p85 in the wild!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast