Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Please recommend a bump fire stock

I'd like to add one to an AR15, however having no experience with them some recommendations from owners would be appreciated.
    It would only be used 2 or 3 times a year, however reliability and quality are important. Can't cheap out on what would be my only SAW!
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

(Wyoming County)

Default Re: Please recommend a bump fire stock

I have a "Bumpfire Systems stock" cost around ~ $99 link:http://www.bumpfiresystems.com/

IMO: They basically ripped off Slidefire, but the cost was cheap for me to give it a try.

It has given me nothing but fits. I left a review of it in another thread here. Bottom line was that I couldn't get it to run more than 2,3,4 round bursts. NOTE: This could totally be user error, but I don't want something with a learning curve given the cost of the product and ammo.

I'm extremely disappointed in the product. Other's have weighed in and said theirs work just fine. IDK

Just because I love to research these things I'm now interested in a "Binary Trigger". Preferably the "Fostech Echo" or the "Franklin Arms BFS". They are basically double tap systems that fire on the pull & release of the trigger.
    * They are costly in the ball park of $4-500, but It's a new itch that I may have to scratch.

Echo trigger not yet on the market to my knowledge

BFS is on the market

Last edited by ExFlyinguy; December 18th, 2016 at 01:00 PM.
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Armstrong County)

I've tried a few fancy stocks and the TAC con and a binary trigger.

I have, and recommend, the geiselle super 3 gun trigger, if you want to shoot fast. It's simple, it works,and you can still effectively put rounds on target.

I have the slidefire mod stock, while it costs more it also looks decent unlike the cheap ones. combine it with a good trigger and it will run fast

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    I have a "Bumpfire Systems stock" cost around ~ $99 link:http://www.bumpfiresystems.com/

IMO: They basically ripped off Slidefire, but the cost was cheap for me to give it a try.

It has given me nothing but fits. I left a review of it in another thread here. Bottom line was that I couldn't get it to run more than 2,3,4 round bursts. NOTE: This could totally be user error, but I don't want something with a learning curve given the cost of the product and ammo.

I'm extremely disappointed in the product. Other's have weighed in and said theirs work just fine. IDK

Just because I love to research these things I'm now interested in a "Binary Trigger". Preferably the "Fostech Echo" or the "Franklin Arms BFS". They are basically double tap systems that fire on the pull & release of the trigger.
    * They are costly in the ball park of $4-500, but It's a new itch that I may have to scratch.

Echo trigger not yet on the market to my knowledge

BFS is on the market

Bumpfire Systems was sued by Slide Fire because of patent infringement. They are out of the bumpfire stock market. https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/sli...ettle-lawsuit/

IMO get the Geiselle SD 3 gun trigger and skip the rest. The slide fire stuff is fugly fisher price looking stuff IMO. Even the binary trigger setup from Franklin has issues with the hammer riding the carrier home.
    Last edited by dkf; December 19th, 2016 at 03:43 PM.

We bought a Slidefire with the 10/22 trigger and stock. Works flawlessly on both rifles, worth the extra money so we can shoot .22 LR for friends. Pricey but everybody has enjoyed it.
    Courage is being scared to death--but saddling up any way. John Wayne

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Bumpfire Systems was sued by Slide Fire because of patent infringement. They are out of the bumpfire stock market. https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/sli...ettle-lawsuit/

IMO get the Geiselle SD 3 gun trigger and skip the rest. The slide fire stuff is fugly fisher price looking stuff IMO. Even the binary trigger setup from Franklin has issues with the hammer riding the carrier home.
    Gotta pretty much agree with you, but I might have to do a Echo trigger anyway, besides where do you get off telling me how to wisely spend my money
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    Gotta pretty much agree with you, but I might have to do a Echo trigger anyway, besides where do you get off telling me how to wisely spend my money
    It looks to me like a lot more time was put into the R&D of the Echo than the one from Franklin armory. They at least tried to solve the issue of the hammer riding the carrier home and you don't need to modify the receiver. If you want something like that, the Echo for sure looks like the better option. I do wonder if or when the ATF will change their minds on these FCGs in the future.

Its too bad we have to deal with this crap and can't just buy an M16 lower at a reasonable price. If it were not for the NFA garbage a complete M16 lower would end up costing a little more than a standard AR15 lower.

The Fostech Bumpski is very high quality .I have one on an AK74.

(York County)

I've tried them all and they are pretty much all the same ( complete waste of money ). If you want to try one before you buy one I'd be happy to hook you up. EDR
    Every day's a Saturday

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast