Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (York County)

Default Re: $%^& Toomey still at it

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Ok Bang I just went to Toomey's web page. I read his sandyhook post. I emailed him from his page. Basically I called him out again for not living up to his pledge to uphold the constitutions of both Pa and USA. I chastised him on his pandering to democrats and back stabbing of his base. I pointed out how he almost lost to McGinty because of it, where it should have been easy. I took him to task for his never responding to these emails and just sending back pro Toomey propaganda.

Now how about some Poofa help on this everybody? Get him flooded people.

Thanks Bang for the alert.
    Added my bucket to the flood, loud and clear.

It's, unfortunately, exactly what I expected. I couldn't vote for McGimpy, but you'd think Toomey would be a little more aware of the prevailing winds after a "squeaker" re-election that most expected him to lose.

I'll also be contacting the Republican Party (both state and national level) to express my disappointment with the RINO in their midst, and will be a campaign volunteer the moment a good primary contender crops up.
    DGAF

(Clarion County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Is that fake? It has interventions for infants showing signs of mental illness. Wtf is that?!
    "A grant program to support intensive early intervention for infants and young children who are at risk of developing or are showing signs of mental illness."

Want to guess some of the risk factors they'll document for diagnosis?
    Perhaps firearm in the house.
    This may be available computerized information from your local doctors documenting if you have firearms in your house.
    Seems to be SOP on questionnaires anymore.
    Don't know, just guessing.
    It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by cephas View Post
    Perhaps firearm in the house.
    This may be available computerized information from your local doctors documenting if you have firearms in your house.
    Seems to be SOP on questionnaires anymore.
    Don't know, just guessing.
    I spent most of the past year in doctors offices, hospitals and specialty clinics and had not one form or person ask me about firearms.
    Perhaps it only occurs in certain areas, don't know.

(Bucks County)

Email received today:

Weekly Republican Address

I had the opportunity to deliver the Weekly Republican Address on Saturday morning and I wanted to make sure you saw it.
    You can watch the video of my address by clicking here and read the transcript below. Merry Christmas and happy holidays!
    - Pat Toomey
    "Hi. I am Pat Toomey, Senator for Pennsylvania.

"Each Congress, I make it a point to visit all of Pennsylvania's 67 counties. This fall, I was able to visit every corner of the state and speak to so many people about their concerns and their hopes.

"Over and over, Pennsylvanians told me: They want safe neighborhoods and schools. They want our country to be secure and strong. They want a growing economy that creates good jobs.

"Well, Pennsylvania is not alone. Hard-working men and women from the rust belt to the sun belt to the Plains, they voiced similar hopes for the future.
    "This has been a difficult eight years. Terror returned to our shores from Boston to San Bernardino. We've endured the worst economic recovery since World War II and the weakest labor participation in 40 years. The middle class has shrunk. And the cost of health care has skyrocketed under President Obama. Many Americans don't believe their children will be better off than they were. And some younger people feel the American dream is slipping out of reach.

"Well, my Senate Republican colleagues and I have worked to lessen some of these fears. We've enacted critical tax legislation to encourage more manufacturing and more research and development here in America. We passed legislation to repeal Obamacare and sent it to the President's desk.

"Senate Republicans worked across the aisle and passed a law to help fight the opioid epidemic while stemming the diversion of painkillers to the black market. We implemented common-sense, conservative education reforms to strengthen charter schools and shift decision making out of Washington.
    "And after years of short-term extensions, Republican efforts will help long-term fix America's crumbling highways and infrastructure. And we provided essential improvements to ports, waterways, and flood control systems in nearly every state. We worked to help ensure that our veterans are always first in line for the best quality health care and that includes suicide prevention and mental health treatment.

"Providing for the national defense and supporting American troops are among the Senate Republicans' top priorities. We helped to keep America safe by supplying more of the tools service members need to take on national security challenges and help strengthen our military posture. But we aren't stopping there.
    "Come January, the Congress and the new administration will work to transition Americans to a better health care system that gives families and individuals affordable choices in coverage, and takes Washington bureaucrats out of the doctor's office.

"We'll work to reform our convoluted tax code to unburden taxpayers and free up dollars individuals and job creators can save, spend, and invest. And we'll eliminate regulations and red tape that have slowed the economy and hampered manufacturers, the agriculture industry, and municipalities. You will see the economy unleashed.

"We heard you this fall. We are going to keep working for you.

"As the year comes to a close, it is a good time to remember that there is more that unites us than divides us as Americans. The blessings we enjoy are possible because of our forbearers who came here for religious freedom; our founders who imagined a nation conceived in liberty; and the military men and women who protected those ideals over the generations - and stand guard for us today.

"All that we enjoy and are thankful for as Americans is not a result of luck but rather of the sacrifices of men and women of great character who founded, shaped, and defended our great country. We'll work to safeguard their legacy and our children's future.

"I am Senator Pat Toomey. Merry Christmas and happy holidays America."

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____

Toomey "heard us this fall". Not a mention of firearms, so I guess he didn't notice those of us urging he not make law-abiding the scape goats for criminals' actions. But within his address is the veiled plans to do things to protect the children. Sounds like plans including anti-gun legislation to me.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Email received today:

Weekly Republican Address

I had the opportunity to deliver the Weekly Republican Address on Saturday morning and I wanted to make sure you saw it.
    You can watch the video of my address by clicking here and read the transcript below. Merry Christmas and happy holidays!
    - Pat Toomey
    "Hi. I am Pat Toomey, Senator for Pennsylvania.

"Each Congress, I make it a point to visit all of Pennsylvania's 67 counties. This fall, I was able to visit every corner of the state and speak to so many people about their concerns and their hopes.

"Over and over, Pennsylvanians told me: They want safe neighborhoods and schools. They want our country to be secure and strong. They want a growing economy that creates good jobs.

"Well, Pennsylvania is not alone. Hard-working men and women from the rust belt to the sun belt to the Plains, they voiced similar hopes for the future.
    "This has been a difficult eight years. Terror returned to our shores from Boston to San Bernardino. We've endured the worst economic recovery since World War II and the weakest labor participation in 40 years. The middle class has shrunk. And the cost of health care has skyrocketed under President Obama. Many Americans don't believe their children will be better off than they were. And some younger people feel the American dream is slipping out of reach.

"Well, my Senate Republican colleagues and I have worked to lessen some of these fears. We've enacted critical tax legislation to encourage more manufacturing and more research and development here in America. We passed legislation to repeal Obamacare and sent it to the President's desk.

"Senate Republicans worked across the aisle and passed a law to help fight the opioid epidemic while stemming the diversion of painkillers to the black market. We implemented common-sense, conservative education reforms to strengthen charter schools and shift decision making out of Washington.
    "And after years of short-term extensions, Republican efforts will help long-term fix America's crumbling highways and infrastructure. And we provided essential improvements to ports, waterways, and flood control systems in nearly every state. We worked to help ensure that our veterans are always first in line for the best quality health care and that includes suicide prevention and mental health treatment.

"Providing for the national defense and supporting American troops are among the Senate Republicans' top priorities. We helped to keep America safe by supplying more of the tools service members need to take on national security challenges and help strengthen our military posture. But we aren't stopping there.
    "Come January, the Congress and the new administration will work to transition Americans to a better health care system that gives families and individuals affordable choices in coverage, and takes Washington bureaucrats out of the doctor's office.

"We'll work to reform our convoluted tax code to unburden taxpayers and free up dollars individuals and job creators can save, spend, and invest. And we'll eliminate regulations and red tape that have slowed the economy and hampered manufacturers, the agriculture industry, and municipalities. You will see the economy unleashed.

"We heard you this fall. We are going to keep working for you.

"As the year comes to a close, it is a good time to remember that there is more that unites us than divides us as Americans. The blessings we enjoy are possible because of our forbearers who came here for religious freedom; our founders who imagined a nation conceived in liberty; and the military men and women who protected those ideals over the generations - and stand guard for us today.

"All that we enjoy and are thankful for as Americans is not a result of luck but rather of the sacrifices of men and women of great character who founded, shaped, and defended our great country. We'll work to safeguard their legacy and our children's future.

"I am Senator Pat Toomey. Merry Christmas and happy holidays America."

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____

Toomey "heard us this fall". Not a mention of firearms, so I guess he didn't notice those of us urging he not make law-abiding the scape goats for criminals' actions. But within his address is the veiled plans to do things to protect the children. Sounds like plans including anti-gun legislation to me.
    We gotta hit him long, hard and continually about 2A. We know he's a RINO waffler on the topic. We know his knee-jerk reaction is more "gun control"... We need a constant stream of reminders to him that he was re-elected (unexpectedly) ONLY because his opponent was a total libtard, ONLY on the 2A-driven Trump wave, and despite his anti-2A position. We need to constantly reiterate that support could quickly erode, particularly in the face of a strong primary challenger. Right now he's high on the hog with 6 years to go until re-election... A constant drumbeat is needed to remind him we won't forget any BS he pulls. On 2A issues, I -am- a single-issue voter, and "across the aisle" is not something I value. Tell him over and over that we won't put up with further infringements of our rights enshrined in the 2nd Amendment.
    DGAF

(Clarion County)

Quote Originally Posted by stainless View Post
    I spent most of the past year in doctors offices, hospitals and specialty clinics and had not one form or person ask me about firearms.
    Perhaps it only occurs in certain areas, don't know.
    You're right. Changed general practitioners awhile back and it was a question on their form. I didn't answer it and all was cool. Doing a quick search I found it's not mandatory like I thought but encouraged. Spent time in an ER where it was a standard question that often time got some hilarious responses.
    Most of the year in the system? Hope all is well.
    Intersting read: What To Do When Your Doctor Asks About Your Guns
    http://www.ammoland.com/2015/06/what...#axzz4TWiQDgwq
    It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12