Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My encounter

(Chester County)

Default Re: My encounter

Is Windber located near Bumfuck? If so, then perhaps that is why LE there are not knowledgeable about our laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxspizza53 View Post
    Hey now. Some do. Mine doesn't been making pizza for 28 years.
    Sorry, but it's a franchise and their pizza sucks. Foxes has no clue what a pizza is , tastes like or should resemble. Been to a bunch of them, and they all suck.

Nothing personal.

(Northampton County)

The MPOETC police training docs I have seen have some confusing language about open carry in Philly. The cop may think he's actually speaking from an informed standpoint rather than just talking shit. Of course, either is possible.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

(York County)

I had a officer and a woman waiting on food. The woman starts asking questions about carry laws. She was asking about open carry and concealed carry on what to do.
    Office starts saying you must inform a officer while carrying, that is where i stopped him. Then i told the woman to seek legal counsel. The officer looked at me dumbfounded.
    The officer was rambling on about no open carry within any building in Pennsylvania. I said you better read the laws again. He told me to read the laws and call him back on what i found? I laughed and went on with my business. Legal advice should only come for you attorney.
    FWIW, every cop I know personally is generally opposed to the practice of OC moreso than the right. They largely see it as "scaring people to make a point", and making work for them to respond to all the "OMG There's a Man with a Gun at WalMart!" calls. I'll tell you they kinda truly 'don't get the problem', and their response if I challenge it is "What's the big deal? You want to be armed, great! Get a LTCF and carry concealed".

Point being, cops can/will tell you things they know are "inaccurate" to try and modify your behavior to the "recommended" practice... They're not -all- ignorant of gun law, some are worse: They willfully misrepresent it in furtherance of their personal (or maybe it's institutional) viewpoint.

Caveat: All the cops I know work in urban/suburban settings. I wouldn't be surprised if ex-urban cops are less opposed to OC.
    DGAF

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Sorry, but it's a franchise and their pizza sucks. Foxes has no clue what a pizza is , tastes like or should resemble. Been to a bunch of them, and they all suck.

Nothing personal.
    Lol i take no offense.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    Is Windber located near Bumfuck? If so, then perhaps that is why LE there are not knowledgeable about our laws.
    Lol

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by KCJones View Post
    FWIW, every cop I know personally is generally opposed to the practice of OC moreso than the right. They largely see it as "scaring people to make a point", and making work for them to respond to all the "OMG There's a Man with a Gun at WalMart!" calls. I'll tell you they kinda truly 'don't get the problem', and their response if I challenge it is "What's the big deal? You want to be armed, great! Get a LTCF and carry concealed".

Point being, cops can/will tell you things they know are "inaccurate" to try and modify your behavior to the "recommended" practice... They're not -all- ignorant of gun law, some are worse: They willfully misrepresent it in furtherance of their personal (or maybe it's institutional) viewpoint.

Caveat: All the cops I know work in urban/suburban settings. I wouldn't be surprised if ex-urban cops are less opposed to OC.
    I will agree with you on all points.

For what it's worth, I've noted that the furthest from urban you have to go is really just up here to the Lehigh Valley. In Allentown proper, I have had a cop hang around a little longer than he needed to to make sure I wasn't a psycho, and I have heard the occasional "urbanite" exclaim to his buddies that, "Whoa, that guy's strappin'!" Beyond that, and anywhere outside of Allentown, the ONLY reactions I have had up here have been positive. Zero negative police encounters of any kind. Or neutral. They don't care.

The one's I've come across, anyway.
    Junior

(Northampton County)

§ 5301. Official oppression.
    A person acting or purporting to act in an official capacity or taking advantage of such actual or purported capacity commits a misdemeanor of the second degree if, knowing that his conduct is illegal, he: subjects another to arrest, detention, search, seizure, mistreatment, dispossession, assessment, lien or other infringement of personal or property rights; or denies or impedes another in the exercise or enjoyment of any right, privilege, power or immunity.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=6550

(Lehigh County)

(snip)
    The officer was rambling on about no open carry within any building in Pennsylvania. I said you better read the laws again. He told me to read the laws and call him back on what i found? (snip)
    "I'd be glad to officer, if you would graciously cite the section of PA code that covers open carry of firearms... seeing as an extensive knowledge of the laws you are charged with enforcing, and a little training, are the reason you are granted enhanced arrest privileges and that shiny badge."

Was the woman at least buying the officer his slice of pizza? 'Cause it sounds like she was getting the 'legal advice' she paid for.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by RTF92.5 View Post
    "I'd be glad to officer, if you would graciously cite the section of PA code that covers open carry of firearms... seeing as an extensive knowledge of the laws you are charged with enforcing, and a little training, are the reason you are granted enhanced arrest privileges and that shiny badge."
    Oooh, me likey! Do you mind if I use that?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast