Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Venango County)

Default Re: No open carry at Redners Market in Sinking spring Pa

Not that I approve, but it seems only OC is banned. CC is apparently ok. This is based on the OP.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe88XJ View Post
    So here's an email I received this morning from the director of marketing oddly enough

Dear Mr. Miller,
    Thank you for writing. I have given your letter to Mr. Redner. As one of our valued customers, your comments, both positive and negative, are important to us. You may be assured that Mr. Redner personally reads every letter and then passes it on to the appropriate staff person. We will try to address problems as quickly as possible and we will share all of your comments with the appropriate employees.
    We certainly understand and respect your legal right to carry a firearm within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. We do not have a written policy regarding the carrying of a firearm within our building and choose to approach each matter if brought to the attention of our staff. ....................
    My understanding of that remark. Is that they do not actually have ANY policy; written or otherwise; and make one up on the spot whenever they chose.

.........As a retail operator, we must constantly work to accommodate all of our customers likes and dislikes which will, many times, force us to make a decision that will ultimately upset one of the parties involved. As a private business we do have the right to ask any customer to remove or legally conceal their firearm while within our building. In these cases legally concealing the firearm, if you have a concealed carry permit, is the quickest way to mitigate the situation and allows you to continue to keep the firearm on your person. If not, we will then ask that the weapon be removed from the store. You are certainly welcomed to continue to shop with us once the weapon has been removed or concealed.
    We will continue to work hard to provide you with the lowest prices, freshest product and excellent service we have for over 46 years. If you wish to discuss your concerns further, please feel free to contact me.

Sincerely,
    Eric B. White
    Director of Marketing
    Redner's Markets, Inc.
    #3 Quarry Rd.
    Reading, Pa. 19605
    484-248-5730-ph
    facebook.com/RednersWarehouseMarkets
    And as a private citizen; we have a right to not patronize their private business.

Wegman's welcomed 100% of my grocery patronage three years ago and retained some of it after I began going back to Redners in late 2014
    And now I guess Wegmans will once again be receiving 100% of my grocery patronage.
    --ET

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    My understanding of that remark. Is that they do not actually have ANY policy; written or otherwise; and make one up on the spot whenever they chose.

And as a private citizen; we have a right to not patronize their private business.

Wegman's welcomed 100% of my grocery patronage three years ago and retained some of it after I began going back to Redners in late 2014
    And now I guess Wegmans will once again be receiving 100% of my grocery patronage.
    Yes, just read that. Sounds like they play the silly game of "as long as no one complains". This allows antigun people have fun at our expense as we are entrapped into thinking it is ok, then the antigunner has some power fun in having us chased out. Not very 'sporting'.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

(Lancaster County)

The Loss Prevention officer is probably the one that took issue with open carry and not a customer

I wrote I short message to Mr. White on the Redners Face Book page. I checked the page with in two minutes and got the following..... I am going with removed!

Sorry, this page isn't available
    The link you followed may be broken, or the page may have been removed.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Lancaster County)

I wonder how Mr. White were to react if someone were to ask a Muslim or a black person to be removed from the store because a customer felt uncomfortable with their being there?

Why does he feel it's ok to discriminate against gun owners?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Berks County)

I called and spoke with Eric White this morning and he answered phone promptly he's their director of marketing so he's going to have somebody call me back who is more along the lines of the proper person to deal with this he was very friendly and very understanding I explained to him that in 2011 their head of loss prevention who is still the head of loss prevention today stated that they had a policy.

Mr. White stated they do not have a written policy in regards to open carry. They do however ask an open carry or to remove the firearm or cover it up if a customer complains. I explained to him that from my perspective an uninformed uneducated customer who complains about me lawfully exercising my rights with in Pennsylvania state laws should not take precedence, that customers should be informed that Redner's Warehouse Markets abides by state law and that i am acting within my rights.

I further explained to him that I carry my firearm in a safari 6000 series holster which sounds like Chinese to him but it's one of the most popular types of holsters for the law enforcement community that I take caring a firearm openly very serious and do my best to do so responsibly and that most of us also subscribe to that line of thinking in regards to open carry.

I asked mr. White to transfer me to mr. Daily's voicemail who is the head of loss prevention because I'm curious to see if he will continue to state that they have a policy after I've been told they do not have a policy.

I also made a phone call to the store and spoke with Jack who was the store manager and ask Jack what the policy was in regards to open carry and he stammered and stalled and said that he would let the people that mr. White was going to have call me back explain it to me so I said to him so I'm gathering that you don't have an understanding of policy or procedure in regards to this?

He stated that the store personnel have been instructed to ask an open carrier to cover the gun up if a customer complains I again explained our point of view on that. Basically the impression I got was the store manager didn't have any clear-cut direction on how he was to handle these things I spoke with him for a few more minutes and explained that open carry has been growing in popularity over the years and it isn't going to go anywhere and it's just going to grow and become more and more frequent and he agreed with me on that and basically stated that the people that I was waiting on phone calls back from were well above his pay grade and he didn't want to say the wrong thing to me. Sorry if this is a little choppy . I'm doing it on my smartphone using voice to text.
    Last edited by Joe88XJ; December 12th, 2016 at 03:31 PM.

I called and spoke with Eric White this morning and he answered phone promptly he's their director of marketing so he's going to have somebody call me back who is more along the lines of the proper person to deal with this he was very friendly and very understanding I explained to him that in 2011 their head of loss prevention who is still the head of loss prevention today stated that they had a policy.

Mr. White stated they do not have a written policy in regards to open carry. They do however ask an open carry or to remove the firearm or cover it up if a customer complains. I explained to him that from my perspective an uninformed uneducated customer who complains about me lawfully exercising my rights with in Pennsylvania state laws should not take precedence, that customers should be informed that Redner's Warehouse Markets abides by state law and that i am acting within my rights.

I further explained to him that I carry my firearm in a safari 6000 series holster which sounds like Chinese to him but it's one of the most popular types of holsters for the law enforcement community that I take caring a firearm openly very serious and do my best to do so responsibly and that most of us also subscribe to that line of thinking in regards to open carry.

I asked mr. White to transfer me to mr. Daily's voicemail who is the head of loss prevention because I'm curious to see if he will continue to state that they have a policy after I've been told they do not have a policy.

I also made a phone call to the store and spoke with Jack who was the store manager and ask Jack what the policy was in regards to open carry and he stammered and stalled and said that he would let the people that mr. White was going to have call me back explain it to me so I said to him so I'm gathering that you don't have an understanding of policy or procedure in regards to this?

He stated that the store personnel have been instructed to ask an open carrier to cover the gun up if a customer complains I again explained our point of view on that. Basically the impression I got was the store manager didn't have any clear-cut direction on how he was to handle these things I spoke with him for a few more minutes and explained that open carry has been growing in popularity over the years and it isn't going to go anywhere and it's just going to grow and become more and more frequent and he agreed with me on that and basically stated that the people that I was waiting on phone calls back from were well above his pay grade and he didn't want to say the wrong thing to me. Sorry if this is a little choppy . I'm doing it on my smartphone using voice to text.
    So this leads back to Kip Bowers, did he get a complaint. or was he just trying to be Paul Blart? By any chance did he turn his one side away from you, giving the impression he was armed?
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

Gun shows make us unload openly carried guns before entering , but we happily to give them $10 a day to do so.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Lancaster County)

Who said happily?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast