Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default ATF NFA Form 1 question

Anyone familiar with the new form1 for an SBR? When they talk abou the CLEO page is that your local police chief or the county Sheriff?

Also I probably have several other questions, if anyone is up on this I'd love to review my form.

Thanks,
    -J

(Bucks County)

Default Re: ATF NFA Form 1 question

you guys are no fun, if anyone is interested, theres SOME info on rainier arms blog https://www.rainierarms.com/blog/how-to/

(Bucks County)

Local chief

(Armstrong County)

Have you looked into getting a trust, instead of individual?

Quote Originally Posted by danhr View Post
    Have you looked into getting a trust, instead of individual?
    How would that help in any way? He'd still need to notify the CLEO.

Trusts are now only useful to a small fraction of the NFA community, and anyone telling you otherwise is either selling something or drinking the KoolAid. Most NFA owners are never going to want to lend their toys to someone to drive away with, and estates aren't made any simpler by having an extra layer of paperwork. And the lie that "if you own NFA in your home, your wife and kids could be charged with constructive possession" is a shameful sales tool, worse than retailers that put made-up "previously" prices on their stuff to make the new price look like a sale.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post

Trusts are now only useful to a small fraction of the NFA community, and anyone telling you otherwise is either selling something or drinking the KoolAid. Most NFA owners are never going to want to lend their toys to someone to drive away with, and estates aren't made any simpler by having an extra layer of paperwork. And the lie that "if you own NFA in your home, your wife and kids could be charged with constructive possession" is a shameful sales tool, worse than retailers that put made-up "previously" prices on their stuff to make the new price look like a sale.
    For some reason I thought 41F only changed fingerprinting. I forgot/didn't know that it changed the CLEO, to a notification, and no longer approval.

Haven't gone through the 41F all the way yet.

Thanks for the correction.

Quote Originally Posted by danhr View Post
    For some reason I thought 41F only changed fingerprinting. I forgot/didn't know that it changed the CLEO, to a notification, and no longer approval.

Haven't gone through the 41F all the way yet.

Thanks for the correction.
    Not a problem. 41F eliminated the arbitrary denial by local CLEO's of the rights that remain under federal law, so it's a net "good thing" for the community, eliminating the primary function of entities like trusts and corps and LLC's.

I set up a bunch of LLC's for people, particularly in anti-freedom zones like Philadelphia, but I'm not going to lie and say that most people still need an entity to acquire NFA toys. That would be greedy and wrong.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Armstrong County)

Not a problem. 41F eliminated the arbitrary denial by local CLEO's of the rights that remain under federal law, so it's a net "good thing" for the community, eliminating the primary function of entities like trusts and corps and LLC's.

I set up a bunch of LLC's for people, particularly in anti-freedom zones like Philadelphia, but I'm not going to lie and say that most people still need an entity to acquire NFA toys. That would be greedy and wrong.
    are you sure you are a lawyer?

(Bucks County)

So I sent my forms in yesterday. And I had also bought a silencer from silencer shop online, today they just happened to send me a copy of the form4 for me to sign. Here's the CLEO area of it, which I found interesting.

Screenshot 2016-12-20 at 8.11.32 PM.jpg

Now on my forms, I used the county Sheriff, hope that's not an issue. I guess I'll find out soon enough (definitely not soon enough!)

(Bucks County)

Before the changes I considered it, but after the change I saw no need. I saw no situation where I'd let someone else use any of my NFA items without me present anyway. If there is some pressing need moving forward, I could always pay to transfer items to an NFA or LLC at that time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast