Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Washington County)

Default Re: ATF NFA Form 1 question

Quote Originally Posted by wheysted View Post
    So I sent my forms in yesterday. And I had also bought a silencer from silencer shop online, today they just happened to send me a copy of the form4 for me to sign. Here's the CLEO area of it, which I found interesting.

Attachment 91991

Now on my forms, I used the county Sheriff, hope that's not an issue. I guess I'll find out soon enough (definitely not soon enough!)
    Has anyone here had a Form 4 approved with the DOJ AG as the CLEO notification person?
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

Do the forms HAVE to be double sided? And another question, is there a GOOD video
    on how to fill one out properly (SBR). I looked at youtube with no luck.

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Do the forms HAVE to be double sided? And another question, is there a GOOD video
    on how to fill one out properly (SBR). I looked at youtube with no luck.
    No https://johnpierceesq.com/you-no-lon...-double-sided/

Doing a form 1 is pretty easy minus the annoyance of getting printed and waiting. You can use this guide for starters albeit a little dated since for example no CLEO sig is required now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill990 View Post
    No https://johnpierceesq.com/you-no-lon...-double-sided/

Doing a form 1 is pretty easy minus the annoyance of getting printed and waiting. You can use this guide for starters albeit a little dated since for example no CLEO sig is required now.
    No signature required, just prints and picture?

No signature required, just prints and picture?
    If you're doing a form 1/4 individual, correct. You just have to notify the CLEO, just get the PDF from the ATF website, fill it in on your computer and print it out to be mailed off.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill990 View Post
    If you're doing a form 1/4 individual, correct. You just have to notify the CLEO, just get the PDF from the ATF website, fill it in on your computer and print it out to be mailed off.
    I just found out, anyone who tried to beat the deadline by getting your paperwork into atf
    before july might be in for a rude awakening. Supposedly, the paperwork will be kicked back
    if it wasn't in "pending" status before the deadline. Pending could take months.

I'm one of them

(Berks County)

I just found out, anyone who tried to beat the deadline by getting your paperwork into atf
    before july might be in for a rude awakening. Supposedly, the paperwork will be kicked back
    if it wasn't in "pending" status before the deadline. Pending could take months.

I'm one of them
    I seem to recall the ATF website specifically saying that e-files filed before the 41P deadline, and hardcopy applications postmarked by the 41P deadline, would fall under the pre-41P guidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    I seem to recall the ATF website specifically saying that e-files filed before the 41P deadline, and hardcopy applications postmarked by the 41P deadline, would fall under the pre-41P guidelines.
    Hope shes wrong.

Hope shes wrong.

She seems very likable, young and confident, but she's not really familiar with some key terms. Like "grandfathered" and "federal registry". New rules get published in the Federal Register, not "registry". (There is a "Registry", it's where NFA transfers are recorded, not where new rules get published.) And "grandfathered" is not the same as getting this last transfer in before a rules change; grandfathered means that your pre-86 MG has a different legal status than any post-86 MG might have. Telling ATF about your trust and getting an NFA firearm transferred to it before last year's deadline doesn't change the rules for your next transfer.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by wheysted View Post
    So I sent my forms in yesterday. And I had also bought a silencer from silencer shop online, today they just happened to send me a copy of the form4 for me to sign. Here's the CLEO area of it, which I found interesting.

Attachment 91991

Now on my forms, I used the county Sheriff, hope that's not an issue. I guess I'll find out soon enough (definitely not soon enough!)
    Can you use the attorney general of a state for your local Cleo notification? I think your forms are right and theirs is wrong. I would think it's your local D.A,chief of police,sheriff for notification. Plus I heard way to many horror stories from silence shop. You will be hearing a lot more bad things about them in the next month when all those last minute mailings start bouncing back from problems .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12