Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    (Indiana County)

Default Re: Dealing with AAC. My Customer Service Nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer View Post
    Over on snipers hide in the last couple of years, there were a few Tbac cans that puked their guts downrange. One of the cans that did this, the owner claimed that he never found one of the baffles in the scrub downrange, but Tbac did repair his can and replaced the missing baffle.
    Because the ATF allows it. (Replacing baffles)
    It seems AAC is just shirking their warranty claims.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    I would have tossed all my shit down range so the range would have had to stop. Leaving NFA item parts downrange is not acceptable. Ban me from your range if you want, I can go anywhere, but I'm not leaving my expensive NFA parts there.
    And if they wouldn't have shut down the range?

Acting like a baby rarely gets adults anywhere, see the very recent election results.
    And that's what throwing all your shit down range would have been, a tantrum.
    It's not the fault of the range that the OPs can flew apart.

As I said previously, what should the op have done, committed defiant trespass by refusing to leave until the range scoured thier place for his busted shit?

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead View Post
    Because the ATF allows it. (Replacing baffles)
    It seems AAC is just shirking their warranty claims.
    Agreed! Hell they won't even do it for payment. That's the part that irks me. So basically OP is SOL? I understand that OP found aftermarket service, but that's some BS right there.
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Berks County)

I will also never purchase another AAC product after horrible customer service.

I have a 762SDN-6 that wore out the ratchet mechanism in 6 months (apparently a common problem). When I tried to contact them, their voicemail was full, I kid you not. Not being able to leave a phone message, I emailed multiple people at the company with zero response. After complaining publicly on their Facebook page, I finally had someone contact me. I had many excuses, but nothing that made me very sympathetic to their inaction. It took a few months after contact to finally get it sent in. Once it went in, it didn't take too long to get back. The difficulty in getting them to even make simple contact is 100% unacceptable for any company, let alone a company that people regularly plunk down thousands of dollars for their merchandise.

(Bucks County)

The main issue to me at this point is not even with them not replacing the baffle or even telling me how to send the can back to have them inspect it to see why it failed, its the way their customer service conducted themselves. The one sentence responses that did not answer any of my questions, the lies of telling me what the law is when even the BATFE disagreed, and then the all caps "internet yelling" at the end when they became upset with me.
    <-Click For My Youtube [Don't waive your rights with your flags. -Sage Francis]

(Washington County)

As I said previously, what should the op have done, committed defiant trespass by refusing to leave until the range scoured thier place for his busted shit?
    Yes, this. Maybe even called the local ATF field office and explained the situation. Get someone to come help look.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearSociety View Post
    The main issue to me at this point is not even with them not replacing the baffle or even telling me how to send the can back to have them inspect it to see why it failed, its the way their customer service conducted themselves. The one sentence responses that did not answer any of my questions, the lies of telling me what the law is when even the BATFE disagreed, and then the all caps "internet yelling" at the end when they became upset with me.

Yeah, it read like a text message in it's abruptness.

MY favorite part was them repeatedly telling you they could fix it and finally saying that it would not be safe to shoot after it was fixed - because they wouldn't replace the baffle - but they would "fix" it - somehow - but not really.

Huh? WTF?
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    Yes, this. Maybe even called the local ATF field office and explained the situation. Get someone to come help look.
    If you drive by my house and toss your suppressor into my yard does that give you some sort of legal right to stroll right onto my property even after I tell you no?

If you drive by my house and toss your suppressor into my yard does that give you some sort of legal right to stroll right onto my property even after I tell you no?
    Gee I didn't know your yard was a shooting range open to the public.

I've been to shoots with over 50 people shooting where suppressors went flying. They had a cold range every so often during the duration then you could go get your shit.

(Indiana County)

Again, how is it the ranges problem that a suppressor goes haywire where they need to shut down and lose revenue while they search for a part of a shitty suppressor?

Why won't AAC stand behind their product is the more pressing question IMO.

That "open to the public" range is still private property.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast