Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Washington County)

Default USPSA in Maryland

Anyone have experience shooting USPSA in Maryland or states with similar anti-freedom laws. Looking on the NRA-ILA website there seems to be a note about allowing transportation of a handgun for legitimate competition. I bring this up, because my job is going to have me spending a lot of time traveling to MD in 2017, possibly even weekends. There seems to be multiple clubs with USPSA matches, so I would like to determine if I can lock up my gun, unloaded mags, and ammo separately and take it with me to MD for competition use. I'm sure it's also different having it with me for a week of work and then using it for competition, instead of traveling into MD for the sold purpose of a match and then immediately exiting the state. What do, what to do!
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

Default Re: USPSA in Maryland

You are good to go to matches.

Maryland does not allow you to purchase magazines greater than 10 rounds, nothing on possession.
    As long as you are only travelling to Maryland, you do not have to register your handgun.

Become familiar with the Maryland "Handgun" transport law 4-203
    http://law.justia.com/codes/maryland...gcr/4-203.html

Make sure you fall into one of the exceptions when transporting. Do not use your vehicle as secure storage, that is the quickest way to violate the law.

(York County)

If you're close to Maryland you can't be too far from us. West Shore Practical Shooters runs USPSA matches on the third Saturday of every month from March - November.

https://www.facebook.com/WestShorePracticalShooters/

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    Anyone have experience shooting USPSA in Maryland or states with similar anti-freedom laws. Looking on the NRA-ILA website there seems to be a note about allowing transportation of a handgun for legitimate competition. I bring this up, because my job is going to have me spending a lot of time traveling to MD in 2017, possibly even weekends. There seems to be multiple clubs with USPSA matches, so I would like to determine if I can lock up my gun, unloaded mags, and ammo separately and take it with me to MD for competition use. I'm sure it's also different having it with me for a week of work and then using it for competition, instead of traveling into MD for the sold purpose of a match and then immediately exiting the state. What do, what to do!
    To speak to your question, I and a buddy have been going down to shoot in Maryland. We drive directly to the range with everything locked up in the car - shoot the match - then lock everything back up and drive until we get to the Pennsylvania line.

(Washington County)

I'm not sure how many weekend's I'll be in MD but I definitely want to make any matches down there I can!
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796