Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Where can I purchase a pink Pistol?

Hello I'm looking for a present for my wife, I would like to purchase a pink pistol for about 200 or so. If anyone has any idea or know of a place please let me know. Thank you guys for your time. I live in the Allentown area.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Where can I purchase a pink Pistol?

Plenty of manufacturers make popular handguns in pink. Taurus TCP, Ruger LCP/LC9, Diamondback DB9, Besa Thunder ect.

And most dealers always seem to have a few varieties in stock, as concealed carry pieces for women are hot items nowadays.

However, unless you happen to stumble across a used one, I'd plan on budgeting closer to $300 out the door after taxes and background fees.

There are a couple out there that work with your budget, such as Cobra and SCCY. But, if you can muster up the extra $100, you will end up in a much better tier bracket as far as quality and customer service go.

(Bucks County)

Just something to consider: A few years back I was with friends at a gun show, they were husband and wife. New to guns, they were researching before buying.

I pointed to a pink revolver and said to her, "There you go, Betty!" She instantly responded, "I don't want anything like that. They'll think it's a toy!"

The majority of intended assaults are thwarted at the display of a gun...unreported by mass media. The last thing I would want is to have to shoot because the perp believed the gun wasn't real.

(Lancaster County)

Did you check out PinkPistols.org?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Lehigh County)

Also consider HOW you go about buying a gun as a gift.

Buying a gun with the intention to give it to someone else. COULD be considered a straw purchase.
    And selecting the box on the form concerning if this is a gift (or is it worded something different ?). Could get you denied AND also be charged with doing a straw purchase.

HOWEVER; if you fully intend to buy the gun for yourself, then the next day decide you don't like, and give it to your wife. That's perfectly legal.

Just my .02
    --ET

(Susquehanna County)

I made up a card with pictures of several different pistols and a promissory note to take her shopping for the one she wanted before January 1st.
    I would have gotten her a Taurus Curve based on her looking my gun magazines, but when she held it she didn't like it.
    She decided on a SCCY.
    Plus the whole buying for someone else, if even to give to my wife, was no longer there..
    She picked out the pistol and a holster. She started the forms and I handed they guy my credit card "She is buying it, I am just paying for it"
    they didn't have a problem with that since from the time she walked up to the counter and we told them it was her Christmas present, I walked away and let her decide all on her own.
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

(Lancaster County)

Buying a gun for the wife is like buying her underwear. You'll pick out what looks sexy, but she'll want what's comfortable. Take her out, let her pick one herself.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Buying a gun for the wife is like buying her underwear. You'll pick out what looks sexy, but she'll want what's comfortable. Take her out, let her pick one herself.
    Agree with a bit of advice.

See way too many guys in LGS with wife asking to trade pistol because she didn't like it. Also at my wife's NRA course (to apply for non-resident permits) 2 woman who got pistols based on pictures and what their husband said was what they needed.. both talked about trading them in first chance they got.

Just like you.... if she doesn't like it, she won't carry it!
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Dead on. My wife loves pink and hated everything she shot with pink grips, slides, frames etc... in fact, i was so horrendously wrong about the color will sway her idea that she now could care less about owning her own personal firearm. She still likes to shoot with me but does not want to commit...yet. This was 12 years ago.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by TheTailhound View Post
    Dead on. My wife loves pink and hated everything she shot with pink grips, slides, frames etc... in fact, i was so horrendously wrong about the color will sway her idea that she now could care less about owning her own personal firearm. She still likes to shoot with me but does not want to commit...yet. This was 12 years ago.
    All she really has to learn is how to clean them and reload them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast