Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Cool 1911 COMMANDER RECOMMENDATIONS WANTED

45ACP preferred or 9MM.Wanting another item to play with and not looking to do a lot of embelishments.I like the Nowak sights,ambi saftey pinky lip.What do you think would be a good deal out of the box ?Rugers,Taurus,Springfield,ETC or others that would be of good mention.Thank you/MDT

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: 1911 COMMANDER RECOMMENDATIONS WANTED

you list ruger, springfield both good makers. check out dan wesson, very high quality. Colt is always very good quality. not sure what a pinky lip is.

springfield has models with your other requirements - nowak, ambi safety - champion operator lightweight. ruger doesn't come with ambi safety but it is not a big deal to install. not sure if the dw has ambi safety or not. check out sig and s&w.

(Lehigh County)

(Berks County)

Sig C3.

Budget?

(Northampton County)

Take a look at the Freedom Series from Fusion Firearms , built from Bar stock steel ,precision CNC machined frames and slides ,not cast, already has Novak Sight cuts so you can easily upgrade sights. $795.00 way better features than those you mentioned.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Beaver County)

I have owned a Springfield LW Champion Operator for years and it's never failed.
    With a few little mods, you can drop some weight and it becomes quite a carry piece!
    The front rail may not be for everyone (though I personally love the way it looks!) so there is also the Range Officer Champion.
    Lots of great choices out there.

(Dauphin County)

On a budget, I'd say the Ruger, the original 'CMD'. Steel frame, nice heft to it. And easier take-down than the Springfield. IMO
    -gonzo, SoCenPA. "Before all else, be armed." --Niccolo Machiavelli
    http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/...nzogeezer.html

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ahearn View Post
    Take a look at the Freedom Series from Fusion Firearms , built from Bar stock steel ,precision CNC machined frames and slides ,not cast, already has Novak Sight cuts so you can easily upgrade sights. $795.00 way better features than those you mentioned.
    Sounded good, BUT when I looked at their website, prices were 1K more than that ????

Cb
    Cb Μολὼν λαβέ

(Northampton County)

The freedom series pistol are $795.00 that is there entry level series He does build pistols up to the 4 K range, I have one of his $1500 dollar range pistols, an outstanding 1911 is 357 Sig. I am getting one of the Freedom Series pistols to play with this winter, I am sure that I won't be disappointed. The Freedom series is all about a basic entry level series 1911 that has a better package up front than what the major manufacturers offer. No cast frames they are bar stock cnc machined frames and slides all steel. His pistols are nice and tight precision fitted. The Freedom series has basic white dot Novak sights if you want fiber optic or night sights you can add them later. They have a modern beavertail grip safety and a flat cut ribbed top on the slides to eliminate sight glare. If you want to upgrade the trigger and hammer you can do that later. He has a video on youtube explaining the freedom series pistols, it's also on his website. The only pistol in the freedom series that is over $1000.00 is the six inch target long slide model. The rest are $795.00 a GI model with a novak front sight, a Batam model currently sold out ,it's defender sized, A CCO model A commander model and a Gov't Model.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast